White's Spectra V3 Field Reports

Do you have a link to this pricing? Could we get some dealer input on this to verify it?
I bought mine without the wireless headphones. It was $200 cheaper. My local dealer said that the headphones (after purchase) were $250, but told me he'd sell me a set for $200 if I later decided to get them. Of course, I do a lot of business with him.

Pricing link??

Just went on another forum site and found an old post from Steve Herschbach about the pricing on the V3. MSRP 1699 with headphones, 1499 with out headphones, and 249.95 for each additional headphone set. Would have posted the link, but didn't want to go digging through forum rules to see if it was ok to post another sites link:lol::lol:. So you will have to take my word on it:roll: Some dealers will chime in soon, I'm sure. Not really that bad of a price considereing what other detectors go for these days.

I bought mine without the wireless headphones. It was $200 cheaper. My local dealer said that the headphones (after purchase) were $250, but told me he'd sell me a set for $200 if I later decided to get them. Of course, I do a lot of business with him.

Thanks for confirming this John. Coinnut thanks for looking for linked information. so, $1499.00 plus tax if you have headphones you like already.

I would really like some detailed feedback on the wireless headphones. Thanks

Keep Swing'in
Jack

John,

Is that Dave, or Rick? ;)

Jack,

I wore my wireless head set for 6 hours straight yesterday and in my opinion they are comfortable, well balanced, good clear sound and the wireless connection is virtually fool proof. Every time I have powered my Vision up then hit the head set button and WHAMO, it connects with ease and stays that way until I shut down my MD.

So far I have been very pleased with the battery life as I have changed out the two AA battery's once in the past 2 weeks.

My dealer also threw in a standard pair of wired head phones (off brand) and for the first time this afternoon I pulled them out of the box, fired up my Vision and it too works and feels good. Good for a back up just in case.

I posted my beach finds yesterday (4-22-09). The photo below is my Vision on Laguna Beach yesterday afternoon.

Happy Hunting all!
Don in SoCAL.

Attachments

• 2009-04-22 Laguna Beach.JPG
    2009-04-22 Laguna Beach.JPG
    182.5 KB · Views: 2,251
I'm just hitting the firty hour mark and I find the headphones distinctly uncomfortable due to lack of padding though the combination of a large head and glasses probably doesn't help.

I would suggest anyone interested in the machine tries them first. The saving will pay for a nice comfortable pair of Killer B's or similar.

Great information. Thanks Don and Brian for sharing your experience. Brian, I am looking forward to your views on how this machine does in your hunting environment. I just obtained the funds for my purchase of the Spectra V3, can't wait to get started.

Keep Swing'in
Jack

I'm just hitting the firty hour mark and I find the headphones distinctly uncomfortable due to lack of padding though the combination of a large head and glasses probably doesn't help.

I would suggest anyone interested in the machine tries them first. The saving will pay for a nice comfortable pair of Killer B's or similar.
Brian...I found exactly the same thing. It wasn't the padding around the edge, but the lack of "space" in the middle that bugged me.

No, Rick is no longer associated with the store. He still comes around though...you know, free donuts and a comfortable couch.:roll:

The 50/50 partners are Dave and Skip. Dave is the business guy and Skip's the "pretty face" (his words).:lol:

Vision/PC Interface Rumor....

My local shop guy (Dave) was telling me that White's is developing a dongle that'll let you transfer programs via a USB port on your computer.

Evidently, it'll be a simple interface with a wireless xmitter that will stream ASCII data between the two devices. This will be much better as different folks develop custom programs for the Vision...such as Jack's "Mountain Man" for the DFX.

So...Get busy Jack.:lol:

BTW: I told Dave that the day he ordered one for the shop...order me one too.

Last edited:
No, Rick is no longer associated with the store. He still comes around though...you know, free donuts and a comfortable couch.:roll:

The 50/50 partners are Dave and Skip. Dave is the business guy and Skip's the "pretty face" (his words).:lol:

Guess Rick just didn't have enough time to mind the store... his job at Home Depot always kept him busy. So Skip is now the pretty face huh? :lol:

Does that mean that club sweat shirts and T-shirts are now also being sold at the store? ;)

Hahaha! I remember just a few weeks ago, you were to make the move later this summer.
But my antennas were telling me, you would jump on a Vision much sooner.

Too bad my antennas don't lead me to gold rings or gold coins when I detect:lol:

Congratulations on the new toy and enjoy every bit of it!

Back
Top Bottom