Silver # 65 is an SLQ

markinswpa

Forum Supporter
After it warmed a little I walked up to my new local permission to see what I missed the other day. In the area I dug most of the 27 Wheaties I did find 3 more, and one in pretty nice shape a 41. Also 2 of those play coin tokens in the same hole. I have dug several thin dime ones but this is the first penny one. It says chicken feed on it. The top of a skeleton key, the big B and the Pontiac Fiero came from another part of the yard, as well as 77 cents in clad, 11 of the coins were Zincolns , at that point I was digging all repeatable signals. Heading out I decided to hit the small front yard one more time. I started my hunt there the other day. Thinking I didn't miss much and swinging from another direction I got a nice 23-24 with a jump to 27. The Equinox had been acting up all day high toning on pennies (actually had a couple Zincolns in the 30s ) so I said ok one more wheatie for the day. I saw a stain on the bottom of the plug much bigger than a penny, moved a little dirt and saw shiny, I said c'mon be an SLQ and sure enough # 65 is an SLQ. A little slick but she's a beauty to me and my second this year. 75 seems doable now if the ground doesn't freeze up. HH to all Mark

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 393
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 352
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 335
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 341
So nice! The play coins crack me up. Chicken feed? really? That's funny. :lol: The thin dime shows a steaming cup of coffee. A hot cup of coffee now is paid for with multiple dollars; not a dime.
Congrats on the stander, and the growing count @65!

Congrats on the SLQ! Nice.
Jerry thank you. Am hoping for 1 or 2 more good permissions before the freeze. Good luck. Mark
So nice! The play coins crack me up. Chicken feed? really? That's funny. :lol: The thin dime shows a steaming cup of coffee. A hot cup of coffee now is paid for with multiple dollars; not a dime.
Congrats on the stander, and the growing count @65!
Foragist, thanks. I get a kick out of those play coins also, everytime I dig one of those I think TRIME-only to be let down. maybe one day. HH Mark
Sheesh! That thing is worn! Congrats on finding a slq!
Thank you, yes she has seen better days, but still sweet. HH Mark
Congrats!
Vic thank you. Good luck Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She may be a bit worn Mark but I have yet to meet a Stander that isn't beautiful. Congrats in number 65 and your very right if the weather allows 75 is more than possible. Trapper

Nice Mark! Love those SLQs and a great find even worn!
LS. Thanks, yes hard to come by, and even more difficult to come by with nice detail on them. I have dug 4 and of those this was the second slick one. Good luck Mark
Nice going on the SLQ !
SS Thank you. HH Mark
She may be a bit worn Mark but I have yet to meet a Stander that isn't beautiful. Congrats in number 65 and your very right if the weather allows 75 is more than possible. Trapper
Trapper thank you and yes I agree, a beautiful coin in any condition. I was able to ad 2 more shiny yesterday so moving the chains a little each outing is getting me closer. Good luck to you sir and hope you are still able to get out. HH Mark

Mark, congrats of all the finds! But I have to say, finding a SLQ in any condition carries extra noteworthy points. Well done!
John thank you, and yes when you think about they were only minted for 14 yrs. as opposed to the Merc and Walker that went to 1945. So yes special for sure. HH Mark

Congrats on a great hunt Mark! I would be thrilled to dig a Stander in any condition.
Ron thanks, that was my first good door knock in which seem like forever giving up the SLQ and 3 Mercs. I hope more sooner than later one finds its way under your coil. Good luck Mark

Very nice hunt and congrats on a beautiful SLQ. Love finding those.
Thanks Jason, SLQ s are few and far between and continue to elude some. Very pleased I found her. HH Mark

Back
Top Bottom