All My Coins

SmirkAtTheMerc

Elite Member
Over the course of 2 years I have found about 500 coins in total.
Happy hunting everyone, and have a great day! :lol:

How many coins have you guys found?

I dont count the individual coins. I only count how many dollars in coins. But being old and retired i get to spend a lot of time detecting.

I haven't counted the actual number of coins, but I've dug about $600.00 or so in clad coins the last 2 years. Keep up the good work!

We started documenting our finds about two months after we started detecting (although we saved everything initially). Since Jan 2019 we have found 213 coins (136 pennies, 11 nickles, 38 dimes, 27 quarters, 1 - 1867 2-cent coin). All of this just looks like a good weekend for some on this forum :D

Some of the neatest finds haven't been $$ though. They have been unique things like old toys, a few silver rings, etc.

Its just the thrill of the hunt for us.

I don't keep track of my clad but I would guess easily over 100,000 coins and close to 10,000 old coins (wheats, silver, buffs, etc.)

I have been beeping since April of 2018. After a month, I started an Excel spreadsheet that has morphed into a Hydra, tracking all sorts of data. I have found 8,890 coins so far, worth $575.19. I mainly hunt parks and sport complexes, and data show that my cent total always hovers around 59.5% of my total coins count. Mind you, I dig almost everything, including obvious Zincolns, because I've found rings that sound just like them. I'm up to 78 rings for the same period, 13 of those gold.

Oh, good grief, Ummm... 50,000 or so? I know I pull more than between 8,000 and 10,000 coins a year.

I pulled out some pictures of a one month coinstar (when I was cashing in monthly), and a two month coinstar (cashing in every two months), as examples.
1893+744 = 2637, or about 850 coins a month. But given that I've been doing this for about 5 years, I figure 50,000 is about right. That doesn't include the foreign coins, or the coins I throw away (usually 50-100) because they get rejected by coinstar (pennies only.)

Skippy

Attachments

• two Months.jpg
    two Months.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 296
  • onemonth.jpg
    onemonth.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 265
I don't keep track of my clad but I would guess easily over 100,000 coins and close to 10,000 old coins (wheats, silver, buffs, etc.)

Oh yeah, with 10 years in? absolutely. 100,000 coins is very doable. I'm over 50,000 in about 5 years.

Skippy

I have been beeping since April of 2018. After a month, I started an Excel spreadsheet that has morphed into a Hydra, tracking all sorts of data. I have found 8,890 coins so far, worth $575.19. I mainly hunt parks and sport complexes, and data show that my cent total always hovers around 59.5% of my total coins count. Mind you, I dig almost everything, including obvious Zincolns, because I've found rings that sound just like them. I'm up to 78 rings for the same period, 13 of those gold.

YEAH BABY!! Another person who pulls the rings out of the Zinc-Zone. :) Love it!

Show us some pics, man. Love to see the gold and silver!

Coming up on 5 years hunting, mostly clad and jewelry. Trying to make enough this year to average $1000 cash-in-hand by the end of the year. All finds Excel spreadsheet tracked with formulas for totals. Coins cleaned and cashed monthly or quarterly.
Total coins: 70,350. Total dollars recovered to date: $4961. PM scrap value to date: $1760. 464 rings, 730 tokens, etc, etc.
I'm a total failure at finding silver coins, just 23 in those 5 years. I think I need a tutorial and mentoring from Stiffwrists.
It helps to be retired with an understanding wife who LOVES silver and gold rings.

Keep on hunting. The coin totals are just a representation of all the fun you're having, and the delight of discovery.

I don't count coins, but after detecting for 9-plus years, I had 70lbs the last time I weighed them all. That was in the spring of this year. Incremental weighing began at over 50lbs.

I am surely going toward a hundred. I really need to clean out all of this clad and get the house clean. Any guesses at the tally of say, 80 pounds of various coins?

As I said earlier I only keep a monthly total of the number of dollars found. I do know that in the past 7 and a half years I have run over 17500 pennies thru the coin counter at my credit union

I have to guess as i never counted, but it must be thousends. Somewere about 800 coins from before 1940 of which half from the era which you call colonial (pre-1800, most flat worn). Some roman and celtic, and no medieval yet sadly.

Back
Top Bottom