First Silver Ever x2

Smokey25

Im extremely green to the serious art of metal detecting. I have had a bounty hunter and have played around for about three years, not really putting any effort into it. Well I recently upgraded to a Garrett Ace 250 and pro pointer, so I decided to pick my game up a bit. I started to actually do research on where I would hunt. Looking at Google earth I noticed that there was a park that had an impression of a baseball field on it that was not noticeable from driving by it.
Went out there last week and found two wheat pennies, with the oldest being 1939. The weather was horrible that day, so I only stayed for maybe 45minutes.
Today was beautiful, so I gave it another shot. I figured if there were wheat pennies, that there should be some silver. I started on a different side if the field than last time and wasn't finding anything worth mentioning. I worked my way back over to where I found the wheat pennies and within 10yards of where the wheat pennies were found I found my first ever silver. A 1948 Roosevelt Dime. I was pumped! Then, again within 10 feet of that I found a 1942 Mercury Dime.
Thanks for reading this, I know it was probably too long.

Attachments

• 2015030495205114.jpg
    2015030495205114.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 525
I'm sure you can't wait to go back!! Woo Hoo!!

Your first silvers of many to come!! I still get that pumped feeling after digging a few thousand silver coins over the years......Hey, I got a merc and rosie today also. :yes:

Major Congrats for "upping" your game and doing research! Those are the keys to success!!

HH,
Raphis
Dan

Way to go on your first silver, X2! Now that the dam is broken you should start finding a flood of silver.

Thanks everyone. I could see this turning into a disease for me. All day at work, I'm itching to get the heck out and detect.....

Double silver day is a great way to start your quest for the elusive silver coin. Congrats on your hunt !!

Back
Top Bottom