2 hunt's worth.

bodkin

Elite Member
Hello friends.

Holly the Collie and myself managed a few hours yesterday due to an early finish at work. Although it was sunny whilst I was there, by the time I'd got home and geared up, the low cloud was rolling in on a cold wind. Undeterred, we decided to hit some grazed pasture about 8 minutes away. I've been working over this permission over the last few months with the ATG. The two friendly ponies were waiting for us, and after eating their hay, again took great interest in our detecting. We managed about 2 hours before the rain arrived, which came and went all through the night. We awoke this morning to a grey, damp and cold world, and I didn't think that any detecting would be done today. After doing a few jobs I noticed the things had brightened up just a little but was still cool and windy, so decided to risk a return to the pony field. As I pulled up, unloaded the car and pulling on my boots, the landowner came over for a chat. He asked what I'd found yesterday because he wants to display the field finds is a glass case. I hadn't had a chance to wash up yesterday's finds so wan't sure what was there yet. The guy is restoring the old house that the field came with, and wants to hang the display in the hallway. I handed over the finds from the last visit including the H A pin badge - he loved that! Holly and I managed about two and a half hours before the rain set in again, but it was good to be out detecting having not done so for over a week. Fingers crossed for tomorrow! Well, I've washed up now and I think he should be happy......

A recent photo of Holly.
Coppers and buttons...
Lead. Shot, expanders, seals...
Buckle bits, pocket knife....
Militaria.... http://www.army.gov.au/Our-history/Traditions/The-Rising-Sun-Badge
Silver drought over! Local co operative token - One loaf, Cornish druid head Ha'penny token. Second to last..... http://www.oldcopper.org/commemorative_tokens.htm

Many thanks for your interest.

b.

Attachments

• rsz_dscf4358.jpg
    rsz_dscf4358.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 504
  • rsz_dscf4365.jpg
    rsz_dscf4365.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 492
  • rsz_dscf4366.jpg
    rsz_dscf4366.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 499
  • rsz_dscf4367.jpg
    rsz_dscf4367.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 483
  • rsz_dscf4368.jpg
    rsz_dscf4368.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 503
  • rsz_dscf4369.jpg
    rsz_dscf4369.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 487
  • rsz_dscf4370.jpg
    rsz_dscf4370.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 485
A lot of nice finds there, notice the flowers by Holly , can't wait until they are up here.
HH

Nice photo of the flower field, along with your canine companion!

Great display of finds for two hunts, and congrats at ending your silver drought! I haven't been in one of those in a long time. :D

HH,
Raphis
Dan

Many thanks guys. Don't worry, Spring is nearly upon us.... A beautiful morning full of sunshine today!

Thanks John and JF. Always happy if something military is recovered. Think I was a bit spoiled this time!

Back
Top Bottom