Silver Ring, Wheat and clad

pescadore

Elite Member
Waited for the snow to somewhat melt today and got out for a while with the MXT. I was using the Detech 6X8 SEF coil and it is really a good coil for coinshooting. I had to look hard for a place that wasn't just completely flooded from the melting snow but found some high ground at the local Middle School and decided to hunt there. I parked in front of the school and my first target was a small .925 ring and so I was off to a good start. The weirdest thing about today's hunt was the ring was the only quarter signal I got. I dug 4 dimes, 5 nickels, and 11 pennies with one of them being a 1940 Wheat. All in all I was just happy to get out in the mud and play. I guess at 61, I still have a little kid in me.

Man I'm so jealous of you guys who can can get out there and dig rite now lol. Congrats on the silver!

Texas weather is so unpredictable but I hunt year round with the exception of a few snow/ice days every year. We just had 4 inches of snow Wed night and early Thursday morning but by 3pm it was melting and there is very little left now. It was in the 20's last night but will be in the mid 50's this weekend. I am glad we are getting some good weather because I have a new detector (M6) coming that I am anxious to try out.

Congrats on your silver ring! Nice one!

Question for you: What made you decide to get the M6 over the newer MX5?

HH,
Raphis
Dan

Congrats on your silver ring! Nice one!

Question for you: What made you decide to get the M6 over the newer MX5?

HH,
Raphis
Dan

First I don't care for the digital tones and 2nd my dealer said that after it first came out, he sold a bunch of them but hasn't sold any since. I also have a friend that had one and he said there was a weird tone break around the nickel tone that made finding nickels harder with it. He knows me very well and said that I wouldn't like it so I trusted him on that. I have the MXT and the M6 is it's little brother with the same tracking system and tones of the MXT Pro which would have been my first choice. I considered the MX5 but the M6 just seemed like the logical choice considering the above info.
Pesc

Back
Top Bottom