First 2015 Silver

SteveW-MT

Today was hunt #5 for 2015 . Last year I couldn't get out until April but Feb. was very warm ( VERY unusual ! ) ... until last week . Some new snow & COLD ! :mad: Impossible to hunt where I live but town is 20 mi. away & a different world . So ... thought I'd give it a shot today . First park was mostly snow covered & very likely froze . Drove to another out in the valley & success ... mostly clear . :yes: But ... the ground still pretty darn hard . But I'm going stir crazy not hunting so what the heck ! Managed to dig 29 coins ( $1.11 ) , oldest a '58 wheat ... 2nd '58 this year . Dug a trashed cheapo ring then slowly heading back to the truck & dug this SILVER ( .925 ) ring ! :D Looks like some kind of Catholic thing but I am stoked ! I am so envious of all the jewelry you guys post up as I rarely find any but Today was the Day ! Also 2nd ring from this park . Last summer my wife eye-ball found a 14k wedding band walking in front of me ! :lol:
picture_107a.jpg

picture_109.jpg

It's a claddagh ring. I don't think I've ever seen one done flat like that though. Congrats on the silver!

" It's a claddagh ring. "
Thanks for the ID . I Googled it & tho I'd heard the term , now I know what it is . :yes:
It's funny as last Fall I covered that area twice & missed it & a bunch of clad ... big area tho ! Just glad I didn't hit it with my digger as I was lucky to get much deeper than 2" with the HARD ground ! Nailed a few zincs yesterday but so what ....

Back
Top Bottom