Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Myers Depot Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > Make It or Fix It Yourself

Old 04-30-2016, 10:51 AM

I make these out of little pieces of wood . . .

And I make these out of bigger pieces of wood . . .

Old 07-25-2016, 08:50 PM
Supporter

Cool PVC can be used for all kinds of projects !

I've made some interesting projects with PVC (and some planned) and learned that depending on the project, you don't always need to use glue as the PVC can fit snug enough for some projects without glue being needed.

(Below is a photo of an example of a PVC project I though of)

I made (and painted) an umbrella holder to hold a large UV resistant umbrella over my lawn tractor seat.

(I decided not to get the optional $100 store bought canopy made for it because it had poor reviews of being flimsy but the umbrella I bought was only about $28 and PVC is not that expensive)

Anyhow, the only PVC connections I had to glue was the top two corner connectors of the smaller PVC that I used for bracing, the rest of it stays together fine without glue.

The top piece of large PVC needs to be able to temporarily come off for when I take the tractor in and out of the storage shed so it doesn't hit the top of the entrance doorway.

The umbrella only needs to be set in the PVC pipe when I'm actually using the tractor, I take the umbrella out and can use it for other purposes when not using the tractor !
Name:  tupainted.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  36.7 KB

John 3:5 Acts 2:38

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-28-2016, 09:46 PM

If I'm not metal detecting, I'm working in my shop. I make custom ink pens out of used rifle brass, acrylic, wood, & deer antlers. I even make razors out of acrylic...
You can see some of the pens I have made in the past in my photo gallery at:
http://www.btwoodcrafts.com
Attached Images

Old 10-28-2016, 10:53 PM

Love this thread

Old 10-28-2016, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Silversmith45 View post
Here are a few from my family. My parents had passed away before I found them <snip>
I'm sorry I missed this and yeah, I have the same problem. While my collection is around 150, I have 6 that are my own family and like you, I have no idea who some are. I only learned the ID of some by tracking down someone else in the in a distant branch that was into genealogy and they had some pictures of their own that helped me match some up. Sometimes, people put the subject names and dates under the image if you haven't checked.