Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Fort Bedford Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > Advice on Detector Purchase

Old 01-07-2017, 11:14 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Dirt clown View post
Gives me something to look out for. Thanks.
You are welcome.

I see you are located in cold place.
Ground likely frozen.

Don't let this keep you from experimenting with your detector with ferrous and nonferrous items on top of the ground.
Contrary to what some folks think,,,a lot of what you will see on top of the ground,,,will be seen or close in the ground.

Get yourself a 2" wide roll of tape,,,a couple 12 or 16 penny nails,,place tape roll on its side,,,place coin down in the middle,,place nails up on edge of tape roll,,,go to Deus fast program,,,,and see if you can get the coin. Try dime,,penny,,and nickel.

Remove coin from center,,,sweeping nails only,,,replace coin and resweep.
Don't be afraid to play with settings while sweeping to see effects.

Also,,on Deus,,you CANNOT do any damage or hurt anything when changing settings in factory programs.
If you indeed get lost or confused,,,turn off Deus,,,all factory programs set back to default settings.

Build yourself a program or two,,,take advantage of the cold weather,,,LEARN how to navigate menus,,,when warmer weather comes,,,this will speed you up when out detecting real world.

Old 01-08-2017, 10:37 AM
Elite Member

Post The way

I would have went, Etrac & Dues, or Etrac & F75 not F75 & Dues anyway good luck with your machines, Earl