Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Big boys Hobbies
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > Advice on Detector Purchase

Old 12-28-2016, 11:38 PM
Supporter

Default Deus or Etrac?

Getting another detector and have it narrowed down to the 2. I detect ball fields, parks and such. What one would be better for my type of hunting? I live in Minnesota with pretty good dirt, I I just got one of the new f75's but feel I may need a back up.

Old 12-28-2016, 11:48 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Dirt clown View post
Getting another detector and have it narrowed down to the 2. I detect ball fields, parks and such. What one would be better for my type of hunting? I live in Minnesota with pretty good dirt, I I just got one of the new f75's but feel I may need a back up.
Since you have F75,,, Deus would be too redundant,,,get etrac.

Etrac will handle EMI better on average as well,,,so if you got into a bad place EMI wise,,while using F75,,, pull out etrac and kill it.

Old 12-28-2016, 11:59 PM
Elite Member

Default etrac

I run etrac,F75, and V3i, get the silver slayer, you wont be sorry, Earl

Old 12-29-2016, 12:14 AM
Elite Member

+1
Since you already have an f75 I'd go for the Etrac.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 12-29-2016, 12:51 AM
Supporter

Thanks, I am leaning to the etrac more I guess. Maybe a second f75? Since it's so good.

Old 12-29-2016, 05:46 AM
Supporter

For the type of hunting you do and E Trac is the choice I would make.

Old 12-29-2016, 06:13 AM
Sponsor

The Minelabs are silver killers. Deus looks interesting but I know the Etrac will kill silver.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
use code A1500, Makro ,Quest,

865-679-3935

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-29-2016, 09:35 AM
Elite Member

You don't need a Etrac if you still have the Explorer XS listed in your signature...

2017 totals...silvers-141/oldest-1780 1 Reale,1800 Half Reale/.925-30/14K-2/18K-1/coppers&LC's-8/oldest-1721 KG I Farthing,1721 French Colonies Sou...Minelab FBS and BBS detectors/GG & D/C headphones/Garrett Propointers...today's album-Metallica-Ride The Lightning (1985)

Old 12-29-2016, 09:49 AM
Elite Member

I live in Minnesota with pretty good dirt, I I just got one of the new f75's but feel I may need a back up.
I also have a f75ltd2,,and I got to say those minelab aren't made to back anything up,They usually take center stage.By seeing what you already have Id say your not gonna find more with another machine.I Agree with captain silvers post

Old 12-29-2016, 12:08 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by Captain Silver View post
You don't need a Etrac if you still have the Explorer XS listed in your signature...
The XS is getting old and cranky. I was thinking about getting another XS if I can find a really nice one, maybe even two, but nice ones are hard to come by.

Old 12-29-2016, 12:24 PM
Elite Member

The XS is getting old and cranky. I was thinking about getting another XS if I can find a really nice one, maybe even two, but nice ones are hard to come by.
Pittsburgh craigslist has a nice xs for $250..PayPal and get it shipped,same as eBay right?

Old 12-29-2016, 01:14 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by woodbutcher View post
Pittsburgh craigslist has a nice xs for $250..PayPal and get it shipped,same as eBay right?
I'll have to look at it, not a bad price, thanks.