Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Quality Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > All About Detectors

Old 01-04-2017, 10:30 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by Jason in Enid View post
They are big, expensive, luxurious, and require expensive dealer repairs when they break down. Most people can't afford them, and they certainly aren't the "right" car for most people, but there are a lot of people who want them just because of the status symbol they represent. They are a great car, but not "perfect".
I think you mean a Bentley. Cadillacs are so 1980's...

Old 01-04-2017, 10:42 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by MrNovice View post
Drive what ya like, they all get ya from point A to point B, some just do it with more style, some do it faster, and some do it more efficiently

Old 01-04-2017, 10:48 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by NectarDetector View post
Drive what ya like, they all get ya from point A to point B, some just do it with more style, some do it faster, and some do it more efficiently
I was just joshing bud. It is funny though, what was considered luxury back in the day vs now. When this thread first appeared I was thinking "who would want a Cadillac?"...but being 40 and born in the 70's, I knew the gist of what the OP meant.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-04-2017, 10:51 PM
Supporter

I was just joshing bud. It is funny though, what was considered luxury back in the day vs now. When this thread first appeared I was thinking "who would want a Cadillac?"...but being 40 and born in the 70's, I knew the gist of what the OP meant.
OH I know, I'm just clowning and have been this entire thread, I was never mad or upset or any of that. It's been comical IMO.

Old 01-05-2017, 10:34 AM
Elite Member

LOL, oops, I'm showing my age.

Old 01-05-2017, 11:08 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Jason in Enid View post
I think too many people don't understand what a "Cadillac" is. A Cady isn't the best. It's not the fastest, it's not the biggest, its not even the most expensive.

What are Cadillacs? They are big, expensive, luxurious, and require expensive dealer repairs when they break down. Most people can't afford them, and they certainly aren't the "right" car for most people, but there are a lot of people who want them just because of the status symbol they represent. They are a great car, but not "perfect"

What detector fits those attributes? I'd say the Minelab CTX. It's great at a lot of things, but certainly not the "perfect" detector (which doesn't exist). I'll pick another for scuba detecting, another for gold nugget hunting, and another if being light-weight is important. But what it does do, it does very well. Just don't confuse "cadillac" with "perfect for all situations"
You'll be glad to know about the new "Cadillac Subscription Service" where, for a monthly fee, you get your choice of popular Cadillac models for however long you want the model, then the ability to switch to another model.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/dalebuss.../#cd28d66aa822

Maybe metal detetcor manufacturers will start similar services?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Marriage, an institution where one person is always right and the other one is a husband.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-05-2017, 11:14 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Rudy View post
You'll be glad to know about the new "Cadillac Subscription Service" where, for a monthly fee, you get your choice of popular Cadillac models for however long you want the model, then the ability to switch to another model.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/dalebuss.../#cd28d66aa822

Maybe metal detetcor manufacturers will start similar services?
Awesome! I could swap out my CTX for an excal when I go the Caribbean, then for a GPX or GPZ when I go to the gold fields or deep relic hunting.

Old 01-05-2017, 11:38 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by TexHunter View post

Old 01-06-2017, 10:59 PM
Supporter

It all depends on how much the manufacturer wants to spend on marketing.

Old 01-07-2017, 08:42 PM
Elite Member

If it hasn't been said....the one YOU know how to use. I see a fair amount of people skipping from this to that...learn a machine. "Overall all around versatility and capability"? CTX. Results don't lie. Others are VERY good,but all around goes to the CTX. This is from some experience and looking at what has been found and with what,and the conditions in which things were found. Most of the time,it's after several other hunters and machines have combed the area for years. It's in the signal processing....IMHO. Is it "best" in every category? No.

Old 01-23-2017, 08:46 PM

I agree with Tex, sitting back and watching.