need some advice on a new detector

Well at the top end of the scale, and after you check pricing with the sponsors, the Etrac would just slip into that category.

Couple questions for us to really help you better:

What detetectors have you used in the past?
What type of hunting do you do or wish to do?
Do you need any accessories to fall into the 1200 cap?

Well at the top end of the scale, and after you check pricing with the sponsors, the Etrac would just slip into that category.

Couple questions for us to really help you better:

What detetectors have you used in the past?
What type of hunting do you do or wish to do?
Do you need any accessories to fall into the 1200 cap?

I agree with big treble,depends on what type of hunting,what your looking for,and accessories.
Minelab FBs like the Etrac are great at coins if that's what your after.

If your more of a anywhere hunter,like going from the woods to a park tot lot looking for coins and jewelry,then to be honest the at pro is your best option in my opinion.

Open fields type of coin and jewelry hunting I'd opt for the f75 or deus .If swapping coils might be your thing then go with the f75,great deal on them right now,that deal ends in about 5 days I think.I run the f75ltd2 and the deus,imo I don't see the deus finding more than the f75ltd2...Deus is lighter,f75 more coil options and way cheaper.

All machines have a purpose and a specific area they excell.The Etrac is probably the best for deep coins,not the best for gold jewelry.F75 or dues is probably the best for coin,jewelry and relics in wide open spaces.At pro,just my opinion but it's just plain good for everything everywhere,up to 7 inches.Possibly deeper with the right coil and condition.
Good luck

I have a Minelab safari now, dont need anything else just detector,. I love the Safari, remember it being a little slow on the recovery, my Godchild has been using it, dont want to take it back, he is 13 and loving it.,
I mostly CW relic hunt being in Louisiana, rivers(not under water), woods, farms and old plantations. been out of the hobbie for a couple years but ready to jump back in.

it looks like the Etrac would be the way to go?, wasnt sure if there were any new detectors out there,

thanks
rivvers

Last edited:
I have a Minelab safari now, dont need anything else just detector,. I love the Safari, remember it being a little slow on the recovery, my Godchild has been using it, dont want to take it back, he is 13 and loving it.,
I mostly CW relic hunt being in Louisiana, rivers(not under water), woods, farms and old plantations. been out of the hobbie for a couple years but ready to jump back in.

it looks like the Etrac would be the way to go?, wasnt sure if there were any new detectors out there,

thanks
rivvers

Sorry again,posts are printing twice

Last edited:

thanks
rivvers

I would go f75 hands down for relics,why spend all that money on a Etrac and pay for the best Id when you don't need it.And the f75 is way better for relics than the Etrac,not even close.

I would go f75 hands down for relics,why spend all that money on a Etrac and pay for the best Id when you don't need it.And the f75 is way better for relics than the Etrac,not even close.

what kind of depth does the f75 have? soft soil here in louisiana,, things sink deep

thanks
rivvers

For relic hunting you will not beat the XP Deus. In your price range you would have to go used but they have a 5 year transferable warranty. I have put mine through the ringer out in the woods, fields, mountains, they may not look it but they are a tough machine and the performance is outstanding..

For relic hunting you will not beat the XP Deus. In your price range you would have to go used but they have a 5 year transferable warranty. I have put mine through the ringer out in the woods, fields, mountains, they may not look it but they are a tough machine and the performance is outstanding..

it runs 800.00 new, that is in my range,.I can see my question may have a lot of different answers., but thats good, gives me options...

thanks
rivvers

what kind of depth does the f75 have? soft soil here in louisiana,, things sink deep

thanks
rivvers

On button sized items you'll get 10 inches ez ,in boost you'll get 12 or better on 3 ringers.
The deus has to be set up site specific for deep targets,and then you'll never know if your setup right.F75 is just a beast out of the box,at a 3rd of the price.

You want the deepest machine on the market right now,bar none,,buy a signum 7272,you won't miss a thing in turbo.Ive had one and in my Pennsylvania soil no machine could match it. River team six has them ,and a new demo for sale in the classifieds right now..

For relic hunting you will not beat the XP Deus.

I agree ^^

it runs 800.00 new, that is in my range,.I can see my question may have a lot of different answers., but thats good, gives me options...

thanks
rivvers
Thats for the base unit (no remote). However, the Deus with remote and wired headphones should still be within your price range. Call around and get some quotes over the phone from sponsors.

My .02 worth....
The F75 is quite versatile....tons of features....12-14 inch depth... be prepared to dig deep.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

You would chose the F75 over signum 7272? after reading up on that machine and the Dues, they sound interesting with the Multiple Frequency, Is it really not much of an advantage?

thanks for all the input
Rivvers

You would chose the F75 over signum 7272? after reading up on that machine and the Dues, they sound interesting with the Multiple Frequency, Is it really not much of an advantage?

thanks for all the input
Rivvers
Riv...
Don't know anything about the Signum and never used a Deus but there are a ton of followers that rave about the machine. Seems to be a quality MD.
As for the F75....it's complex and has a ton of modes and settings in each mode. Learning it is a challenge and mastering it takes a ton of work. The manual lacks a ton of needed info. I purchased it because it goes deep... real deep. Draw back for me is the Florida dirt is sandy/salty and often can't crank the machine up. The MD goes deep even when it's not cranked and I dug a quarter at around 14 inches. Draw back for the machine is not allot of guys use them so the brand name isn't thrown out very much.
Have you thought about the 3030? Water proof and a big step up from the ATPro....

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Deus hands down for so many reasons, the statement above about it being site specific and you can never know if its setup correct, that would be a statement that comes from a person who doesnt know much about the deus. Go watch relic 1864 doing a recovery test with a makro and a f75 .the deus is a deep detector and it has great recovery speed which you can adjust when you ask a question like that most of the time from what ive seen the answer depends on whatever they use.:cool: btw if you want the BEST relic machine on the market buy a deus. Ive had a few machines it tops them all for relics. you can find a full deus setup in your price range.

If i had good ground I'd have the Signum, its deep, maybe the deepest, it dosen't do as well in mineralised soil as some other detectors though.

On button sized items you'll get 10 inches ez ,in boost you'll get 12 or better on 3 ringers.
The deus has to be set up site specific for deep targets,and then you'll never know if your setup right.F75 is just a beast out of the box,at a 3rd of the price.

You want the deepest machine on the market right now,bar none,,buy a signum 7272,you won't miss a thing in turbo.Ive had one and in my Pennsylvania soil no machine could match it. River team six has them ,and a new demo for sale in the classifieds right now..

I agree ^^

Thats for the base unit (no remote). However, the Deus with remote and wired headphones should still be within your price range. Call around and get some quotes over the phone from sponsors.

WTH ? Thank you bringing that to our attention.I figured $800 and we were in like Flynn..

MX sport is a good choice in my opinion. Tough built, has a backlight, I think 7 different modes and about five or six different coil options plus waterproof to ten feet

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

This thread has a lot of info related to depth in it,...so if you guys were gonna rank top 2-3 md's for depth on coins what would they be ??? Say from the CTX 3030 price range or less.

Back
Top Bottom