Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   River Team 6 Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > Metal Detector Accessories

Old 12-29-2016, 05:11 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by Diggum View post
Nice stuff, ChrisMD! Really like the idea of a pinpoint cover with a pry attachment. I didn't see that in the thread. Did you build it?

I'd also like to second the "stand" for the XP, but I'd move it up under the base of the handle. The design of the Deus shaft makes the bottom of the grip hit the ground, and the cuff and wings are a couple of inches up. My detector is constantly rolling to the side. Even pathetic wings like the ones on the cuff would be a vast improvement!

Another idea, for non-Deus machines, is the eye end on lower shafts so that someone can use a CF pole and just insert the loop on the end to hold a coil, without having to purchase a full lower shaft and chop it up (or insert the whole thing and pick up the extra weight).
Hiya Diggum,

I'm finishing up all the CTX 3030 mods this weekend, then moving onto the Deus, starting with the stand. I can make a couple versions easy, and I know what you are talking about. What I really need to do is get my hands on the Deus shaft/handle for a couple days so I can do a thorough 3D scan of it.

Is the attached what you were thinking of?
Attached Images

Old 12-31-2016, 02:34 PM
Elite Member

That looks like the Excalibur shaft

Old 12-31-2016, 02:35 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by Briman05 View post
That looks like the Excalibur shaft

You nailed it, it is the connector, ready to toss into a carbon/fiberglass/other shaft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 01-02-2017, 03:27 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by ChrisMD View post
Hiya Diggum,

I'm finishing up all the CTX 3030 mods this weekend, then moving onto the Deus, starting with the stand. I can make a couple versions easy, and I know what you are talking about. What I really need to do is get my hands on the Deus shaft/handle for a couple days so I can do a thorough 3D scan of it.

Is the attached what you were thinking of?
Yes, that end is exactly what I meant! Looking at the design, I'm concerned about the potential for shearing at the shaft connection. Designing in some fillets would help a lot with that. Do you think the material would hold up to water detecting?

On the Deus shaft, I have a spare but it's on loan, currently. When I get it back, I'll let you know and send it to you.

Last edited by Diggum; 01-02-2017 at 06:10 PM.