Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Sunspot Scoops
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > Metal Detector Accessories

Notices

Old 12-15-2016, 10:28 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by ChrisMD View post
What do ya think Choppa? Anything you'd like to see changed before I send it off to the printer for a prototype test run?

Next up, Rattlehead XP Deus arm cuff stand more better version.
Not only is that a awesome looking accessory but a killer idea to start with. I normally clip my WM10 to the armstrap and then set the headphones over the arm cuff. This is just what I need!

Old 12-15-2016, 10:43 PM
Elite Member

Really amazing how technology is improving so quickly!
I am looking forward to what you can dream up and build

Old 12-16-2016, 07:40 PM
Elite Member

Awesome.

Past Detectors: Vaquero/AT Pro/AT Gold/Quattro/F70/X-Terra 30/Delta 4000/Freedom 3 CDC/T2 LTD2/1265-X/1225-X/1212-X/1210-X/Amphibian/Gold Bug/MX Sport/Makro Racer/F75 LTD2

Old 12-17-2016, 09:12 AM
Supporter

Name:  IMG_3314.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  53.2 KBName:  IMG_3315.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  49.7 KBName:  IMG_3316.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  41.7 KB

Update for you Choppa, after a 16 hour marathon of getting the new wider format printer built, set-up, dialed in, cursed at, dialed in, and cursed at its finally locked in and the first 3030 headphone WM10 wall mount thingy is on. 2 hour cook, check it for fit and tolerance, make any adjustments if needed, then cook up a pink one to get out to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 12-17-2016, 10:24 AM
Supporter

Pink? I guess I should have chose the color when you gave me the chance LOL!
Seriously, color is not an issue, functionality is and I do not see why it would not be a great accessory for the CTX

Old 12-17-2016, 11:43 AM
Supporter

Hahaha, I kid. Going Hazard orange

Old 12-17-2016, 08:05 PM
Elite Member

Hahaha, I kid. Going Hazard orange

Are the color choices endless ?

Old 12-17-2016, 08:11 PM
Elite Member

Just how strong is the 3D printed stuff ?

Looking at the picture of the gray microphone stand ? or whatever it was , it strikes me that a handle for a straight shaft might not be all that different. Something that slides onto the shaft and is secured with a screw or something , turning any aluminum of fiber pole into a detector shaft. Then the control box can mount at the top. Just an idea that popped into my head while looking at this. I know nothing at all about 3D printing.

Old 12-17-2016, 08:17 PM

Nice coffee mug!

Old 12-17-2016, 08:45 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by ohiochris View post
Just how strong is the 3D printed stuff ?

Looking at the picture of the gray microphone stand ? or whatever it was , it strikes me that a handle for a straight shaft might not be all that different. Something that slides onto the shaft and is secured with a screw or something , turning any aluminum of fiber pole into a detector shaft. Then the control box can mount at the top. Just an idea that popped into my head while looking at this. I know nothing at all about 3D printing.

That was actually a rip of the XP Deus handle but swapped out to take normal size round shafts but still dock the deus remote. I thought it might be handy for someone with two coils trying to make a second detector, as the deus handle and shafts are crazy expensive.

It's as strong as you want it to be, in the CAD and slicer programs you determine the amount of infill. The stuff I printed in just PLA (plant based plastic) at 90 percent honeycomb infill I couldn't break in a vice hammering at it. For fun in the Middle East i printed an AR15 barrel, upper, and lower receiver and it held up 5 rounds before I got chicken.

But yeah, if you can think you can make it, only Ron into size problems.

Old 12-17-2016, 08:59 PM
Supporter

Name:  IMG_3332.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  43.2 KBName:  IMG_3333.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  34.2 KBName:  IMG_3335.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  28.5 KB

Choppa,

Behold Choppa Mount version 4 (long story). There is a couple things I wanted to do different especially with the sizing to the left and right of the detector and bigger holder on the left, but I ran out of space on the print bed. So I went ahead and ordered a CeeEmCee Delta with an almost 4 foot build length, but won't get here until Wednesday.

So I'm gonna drop this in the mail tomorrow with just the regular stand alone wall hanger and get your thoughts on it. I added something to this but it was already on the printer when I thought of it, a T-Handle shovel mount for Sampson or similar under the WM10 cup. Anyhoo, get your hands on it and tell me what you think should change/improve etc and that will go into version 5. Just got a bunch of rolls of carbon fiber filament so gonna print v5 in that.

Old 12-17-2016, 09:04 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by MattLock View post
Are the color choices endless ?

Pretty much, I think there is about 80-100 main colors, and around 30ish different materials.

Old 12-17-2016, 10:21 PM
Supporter

Very cool stuff! That hanger is a great idea.

Old 12-17-2016, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Karletto View post
6 months ago i was this close to buy 3d printer, than joind FB group and noticed they have many problems even (better) modified ones... not to talk that 3/4 of objects posted were toys and theres a reason for that. Very disapointed.
Anyway casting tehniques, PVC and metal will still rule the world for many years... my 5 cents
This past spring my son bought me a 3D printer for fathers day. It's a $350 Monoprice Maker Select. It truly is one of the most remarkable toys I've ever owned. I use it constantly and can't tell you the amount of usefull things that I've made with it. I haven't had any problems with it.
Holders, hardware, tools, parts drawers, kitchen and bath supplies, the list goes on and on. Check out the website called Thingiverse for a million examples.

Old 12-17-2016, 11:39 PM
Supporter

Chris, can you print us slacker guys who can't find any silver some old coins?

Old 12-18-2016, 02:34 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by NCtoad View post
Chris, can you print us slacker guys who can't find any silver some old coins?

If I coulda' you better believe I woulda!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 12-18-2016, 02:40 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by lookiethere View post
This past spring my son bought me a 3D printer for fathers day. It's a $350 Monoprice Maker Select. It truly is one of the most remarkable toys I've ever owned. I use it constantly and can't tell you the amount of usefull things that I've made with it. I haven't had any problems with it.

Holders, hardware, tools, parts drawers, kitchen and bath supplies, the list goes on and on. Check out the website called Thingiverse for a million examples.

That's a good machine, that and the Wanahao are the top two of the Prusa i3 style printers. It blows my mind the amount of usefulness I get out of this. For example, I needed a 4 way hose splitter, but the deck was built so close to the hose outlet off the house that any splitter I looked at wouldn't fit. So found ansplitter on Thingiverse, tweaked it a bit in Tinkercad to give it two extended elbows, and now have a 4 way split hose outlet.

Have you thrown your printer up on 3D Hubs?

Old 12-18-2016, 03:06 PM

Worth a look at DETECTING DOODADS, who has been making metal detecting 3D products for quite a while: http://www.detectingdoodads.com/stor..._Products.html
Please delete this link if not appropriate.

Here's a tether - with built-in magnifier he made for me - safety attachment for a pinpoint probe:

Old 12-27-2016, 01:26 PM
Elite Member

Nice stuff, ChrisMD! Really like the idea of a pinpoint cover with a pry attachment. I didn't see that in the thread. Did you build it?

I'd also like to second the "stand" for the XP, but I'd move it up under the base of the handle. The design of the Deus shaft makes the bottom of the grip hit the ground, and the cuff and wings are a couple of inches up. My detector is constantly rolling to the side. Even pathetic wings like the ones on the cuff would be a vast improvement!

Another idea, for non-Deus machines, is the eye end on lower shafts so that someone can use a CF pole and just insert the loop on the end to hold a coil, without having to purchase a full lower shaft and chop it up (or insert the whole thing and pick up the extra weight).

Old 12-27-2016, 04:33 PM
Elite Member

That's a good machine, that and the Wanahao are the top two of the Prusa i3 style printers. It blows my mind the amount of usefulness I get out of this. For example, I needed a 4 way hose splitter, but the deck was built so close to the hose outlet off the house that any splitter I looked at wouldn't fit. So found ansplitter on Thingiverse, tweaked it a bit in Tinkercad to give it two extended elbows, and now have a 4 way split hose outlet.

Have you thrown your printer up on 3D Hubs?

How much would you charge to make this? http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:916177

MD:CTX3030 XTerra 705 2017:96.90/2016:(133.24)clad|3(6).925|7(26)wheat|0(1)buffs|0 (6)V's|1(8)silver|oldest coin:1889 Indian