Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Deteknix
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Caches, Old Bottles, and other Treasures

Notices

Old 12-06-2016, 08:59 PM

Default Anyone ever trade information on dumps for detecting spots?

Just curious. I have ran into several old dumps while at house sites in the woods and various other spots. I used to dig bottles all the time in Illinois with my parents but dont really want to take the time to dig out a crater now a days looking for a local milk bottle. Id rather be swinging my coil...

Anyways, have any of you detectorist's in my same situation ever traded a dump site to a bottle digger for a possible spot to detect?

They have to have a "dumped out" location that might have some prime detecting around it....

HH, whether in the dump or in the park

Old 12-07-2016, 11:54 AM
Super Motivator

If I get a lead on a detecting site that I know I'll never get to, I don't mind giving it to a buddy. Maybe they'll return the favor sometime.