Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Antiques Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > Metal Detector Accessories

Old 11-17-2016, 08:33 PM
Elite Member

Default New Garrett Z lynk

On Garrett youtube channel they posted a video about this new product. It allows your head phone to be used while not plugged into your machine . Not sure about when it's for sale yet or even the price . Wonder if it's submersible

Last edited by MattLock; 11-17-2016 at 08:51 PM.

Old 11-17-2016, 09:18 PM
Elite Member

now that looks interesting .. but they need to have the hook up for the atpro headphones !

Old 11-17-2016, 09:27 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Dragonfire View post
now that looks interesting .. but they need to have the hook up for the atpro headphones !
They have different adapters

Old 11-17-2016, 09:34 PM
Sponsor

Not submersible. Wireless wont work in water anyway.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

-
|
discount code A1466 |
-
-
-

Old 11-17-2016, 10:15 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by detectingMO View post
Not submersible. Wireless wont work in water anyway.
why won't wireless work under water what's science behind that ?

Last edited by MattLock; 11-18-2016 at 01:57 PM.

Old 11-18-2016, 08:05 AM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by MattLock View post
Why why wireless work under water what's science behind that ?
Water severely attenuates radio signals. Especially at 2.4Ghz. Past 12-18" the small radios will not link. This is why you see a "water kit" for the XP deus. The wireless signal travels up a hollow wire/tube so it can still link to the control module.

|
|

-
|
discount code A1466 |
-
-
-

Old 11-18-2016, 09:03 AM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Dragonfire View post
They went over that in the video. The Garrett Z-Lynk Wireless System will have all the adapters needed in the box.

405-206-9010

Authorized

Minelab partner of the year 2012, Customer service awards '12 and '13.

Old 11-18-2016, 10:17 AM
Supporter

The headphone cord on the AtPro comes in handy in the water anyway...it keeps the rig from floating away on a deep two hand scoop sometimes...
Mud
Attached Images

Detecting is the study of Mankinds interaction with topography, the untrustworthiness of pockets, and metals desire to return to the Earth from whence it came.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-18-2016, 06:42 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Big Boys Hobbies View post
They went over that in the video. The Garrett Z-Lynk Wireless System will have all the adapters needed in the box.
yes the adapters that fit the atPro control box .. but 1/4 inch adapter to the headphones ...

Old 11-18-2016, 06:50 PM
Elite Member

Why oh Why can they not tell what the dadgum price is???????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????

Old 11-18-2016, 06:56 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by ugadigger View post
Why oh Why can they not tell what the dadgum price is???????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????
I'm betting with the rechargable innards we could be looking at the $100-$120 range, but hoping it's closer to the $70-$90 range...

Old 11-18-2016, 06:56 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by ugadigger View post
I bet it like 30 or 40 dollars

Old 11-18-2016, 07:06 PM
Supporter

I bet it like 30 or 40 dollars
SOLD! How soon can you get it to me?

Old 11-27-2016, 12:05 AM

Any word on when the Z-Lynk will be available?

Old 11-28-2016, 05:31 PM
Elite Member

The product is posted on the website now.

Old 11-28-2016, 05:32 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by MrNovice View post
SOLD! How soon can you get it to me?
Never mind it's 150 dollars

Old 11-28-2016, 05:41 PM
Supporter

Never mind it's 150 dollars
Well, it's new technology. R&D ain't cheap.

Old 11-28-2016, 10:12 PM
Sponsor

If the price listed is accurate the MAP will be $127.45 like the PP AT

|
|

-
|
discount code A1466 |
-
-
-

Old 12-17-2016, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by detectingMO View post
If the price listed is accurate the MAP will be $127.45 like the PP AT

This is the correct price. I pre ordered mine at this price. $127.45... Retail is $149.95...
Thanks Gary from Oregon

Old 12-26-2016, 09:31 AM

Sooooo.... What makes this worth $40 more than the Teknetics version?

1 members found this post helpful.