Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   River Team 6 Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > All About Detectors

Reply
  
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-11-2016, 07:15 PM
calabash digger's Avatar
calabash digger calabash digger is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: calabash N.C
Posts: 713
Default keeping it real XP Deus hitting 14 inch barber quarter

heres to all the nay sayers who comment on the deus about depth. NOTICE what it does with my deep relic program with 9 inch coil .This aint some trumped up program either you can hunt with this program. The ones who claim the deus is not a deep machine just dont know how to set it up.

__________________
1781 half reale,1740 king george,1851 large cent ,1860 indian head.1853 trime,1743 king george,1939 half,N.C sunburst,1869 sheild nickel,cannonball,confederate block I,cannon ball may God bless you

Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
  #2  
Old 10-11-2016, 07:43 PM
tnsharpshooter tnsharpshooter is online now
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Middle TN
Posts: 4,711
Default

Nice video.

Just curious,,,what does mineral meter say when bobbing coil over clean ground at that particular site???

I would bet,,,few bars.

I have dug a few wheat heads at 11".
I really don't think many coins in my area are that deep generally.
If they were I would likely find more deeper.

Soil in my area generally makes the mineralization graph tick up to about half way.

I forgot to say,,,for gee whiz,,,keep burying quarter deeper in increments,,to see if the tone transitions just a bit to closer to iron tone ( lower tone) yet not quite iron tone,,,,and see where Deus give absolutely no tone whatever.

Another experiment you may want to try,,,take say a quarter,,,grind off edges to make square shaped,,,and bury at different depths,,,and compare to dime.

See if the non round shape seems to affect Deus' depth ability.

Deus loves round,,,like no tomorrow,,,square and out of round not near as good usually.

And relics do come in various shapes.

You might try to actually cut some can slaw (bigger pieces-coin size),,, but cut some round and out of round,,and square.
Might mingle with some iron too.

Results might surprise some.

__________________
Minelab CTX, Minelab XS Explorer, Xp Deus, Blisstool V6, Minelab GPX 4500, Aka Signum, Nokta Impact, Nokta Relic, Rutus Alter71

Reply With Quote


  #3  
Old 10-11-2016, 07:43 PM
NectarDetector's Avatar
NectarDetector NectarDetector is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Detecting365
Posts: 7,615
Default

NYCE! Looks like 13 inch, but you're right, it will hit em deep!

Thought I was already subbed, but now I am! Thanks for sharing your video, I'm sure you've shown it already, but curious of your settings as I am sure other will be too...

Great video! Thanks for sharing and posting for us to see!!!

Now put some junk in with it and do it again, like in the real world.... LOL Just teasin ya man, thanks for the video!

__________________
.

Reply With Quote


  #4  
Old 10-11-2016, 08:04 PM
Rattlehead's Avatar
Rattlehead Rattlehead is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Cave Spring, GA USA
Posts: 2,148
Default

Thats d@mn impressive from a 9" coil. Most coins don't run anywhere near that deep in my tough GA soil, but its nice to know the Deus can hit 'em! Good video.

PS: I'm really starting to get the hang of my Deus.. I love it!

__________________
MINELAB CTX3030 | XP DĒUS | GARRETT ATPRO | PRO-POINTER AT | MI-6

Reply With Quote


  #5  
Old 10-11-2016, 08:06 PM
calabash digger's Avatar
calabash digger calabash digger is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: calabash N.C
Posts: 713
Default

you are crazy nectar . its my deep relic program
sens 90-93 tx 2-3 for the video it was 93 and tx 3,silencer o ,reactivity 2 I never run below 2 ,discrim 1,notch nothing,audio responce on 5,iron vol 0, full tones and 12 kh. ground balance is key I manually lower to actual number and you can negative it by a couple of points and make it thump even harder. tn sharpshooter im not dealing with mineralized soil here so I know test results will vary depending on location.as for all that advanced stuff i will leave that for you.

__________________
1781 half reale,1740 king george,1851 large cent ,1860 indian head.1853 trime,1743 king george,1939 half,N.C sunburst,1869 sheild nickel,cannonball,confederate block I,cannon ball may God bless you

Reply With Quote


  #6  
Old 10-11-2016, 08:15 PM
dumbdigger dumbdigger is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 799
Default

Id like to see the same test, but this time around a silver dime.
DD

__________________
1987 Nerds Detector *2017 totals-27 silvers- 2-cent piece!3 Sterlings football/return to owner * 2017 CRH Totals 90% KENS: 40% KENS: 3 BEN: WALKERS: 1 ///// 2016 37 90%ers & 116 40%ers

Reply With Quote


2 members found this post helpful.
  #7  
Old 10-11-2016, 08:20 PM
NectarDetector's Avatar
NectarDetector NectarDetector is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Detecting365
Posts: 7,615
Default

Originally Posted by calabash digger View post
you are crazy nectar . its my deep relic program
sens 90-93 tx 2-3 for the video it was 93 and tx 3,silencer o ,reactivity 2 I never run below 2 ,discrim 1,notch nothing,audio responce on 5,iron vol 0, full tones and 12 kh. ground balance is key I manually lower to actual number and you can negative it by a couple of points and make it thump even harder. tn sharpshooter im not dealing with mineralized soil here so I know test results will vary depending on location.as for all that advanced stuff i will leave that for you.
I'm crazy huh? How did you come to that conclusion? Because I noticed the hole wasnt all the way filled and subtracted an inch depth for it?

Or because I asked what your settings were?

Or because I said I subbed you, I'll go unsub right now, don't want crazy people on your subs watching and sharing your videos!!! Right?


Or because I asked you to put junk in with the target and hit a 14 inch coin? Because rarely in the real world are you going to be on a spot where a 14 inch coin has no junk in with it....

or because I said thanks for sharing?

I'm just asking, because that's what a crazy person would do... Oh, like your sig says "God Bless" Did he tell you to call me names? Just curious?

__________________
.

Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
  #8  
Old 10-11-2016, 08:22 PM
calabash digger's Avatar
calabash digger calabash digger is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: calabash N.C
Posts: 713
Default

I got a feeling it will hit a 11 or 12 inch merc dime cause it will hit the 10 inch in my test garden. btw the program im running in the deep program is fast also so it seperates. good too. the minelab guys are the ones that need to have a look at the deus imo. I know i know the id is better on the minelabs is what everybody says. In my hunting style I just need a tone so the deus fits me well.

__________________
1781 half reale,1740 king george,1851 large cent ,1860 indian head.1853 trime,1743 king george,1939 half,N.C sunburst,1869 sheild nickel,cannonball,confederate block I,cannon ball may God bless you

Reply With Quote


  #9  
Old 10-11-2016, 08:25 PM
calabash digger's Avatar
calabash digger calabash digger is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: calabash N.C
Posts: 713
Default

Originally Posted by NectarDetector View post
I'm crazy huh? How did you come to that conclusion? Because I noticed the hole wasnt all the way filled and subtracted an inch depth for it?

Or because I asked what your settings were?

Or because I said I subbed you, I'll go unsub right now, don't want crazy people on your subs watching and sharing your videos!!! Right?


Or because I asked you to put junk in with the target and hit a 14 inch coin? Because rarely in the real world are you going to be on a spot where a 14 inch coin has no junk in with it....

or because I said thanks for sharing?

I'm just asking, because that's what a crazy person would do... Oh, like your sig says "God Bless" Did he tell you to call me names? Just curious?
YOU TOOK THAT WRONG I meant crazy in a funny way like I knew you would pick on me about the hole. I was joking not calling not calling you crazy in a bad way sorry for the confusion my wife always tells me to be careful how I text because someone might read it in a way you did not mean it. sorry if I offended you I didnt mean it like that at all.

__________________
1781 half reale,1740 king george,1851 large cent ,1860 indian head.1853 trime,1743 king george,1939 half,N.C sunburst,1869 sheild nickel,cannonball,confederate block I,cannon ball may God bless you

Reply With Quote


  #10  
Old 10-11-2016, 08:38 PM
NectarDetector's Avatar
NectarDetector NectarDetector is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Detecting365
Posts: 7,615
Default

Well, I had written a reply out then my laptop died, GRRRR

So I'll give the cliff notes...

Basically stated, I wasn't trying to be difficult... I have never ever seen or dug a 14 inch coin with any detector in the real world, where other targets were nearby or in the hole, which is why I said put some junk in with it, make it more realistic

Also, that IS very impressive! Especially with the stock set up!!

I genuinely appreciate you taking time out of your day, and making this video to share and show us, ie me... You didn't have to do that, and you definitely didn't have to share your settings like I asked, appreciate you doing that for us...that's more than awesome!

Lastly, what is the deepest coin you have actually dug that you were very certain it was a coin pre dig? For me it's about 10 inches with etrac or 3030... I am not even interested in comparing the machines as knowing what I know, they aren't comparable due to completely different technologies, but simply curious what your deepest real world coin is

I ask because these perfect scenario tests aren't accurate in the wild where almost every hole seems to have 4 nails, and 2 tabs in the hole LOL

Don't mind me man, I'm crazy... (That was a joke) Clowning around bud...

Thanks for sharing ALL of your vids on the forum, that's what makes this place soo cool, guys like you sharing settings and helping others be better...

__________________
.

Reply With Quote


  #11  
Old 10-11-2016, 08:46 PM
calabash digger's Avatar
calabash digger calabash digger is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: calabash N.C
Posts: 713
Default

I dug a king george with a at pro at 9 or 10 inchs and it just got it with a nel tornado coil. I dug a spanish cob with the deus at 8 or 9 and thats a small silver target. THE COB IS ONE OF THE FAINTEST BEST TARGETS IVE DUG. I saw my buddy dig a 11 or 12 inch wheatie and I dug a deep one too in a field. I know iron and trash affect the target I dig in it almost everytime I hunt but the deus seperates better than any machine ive seen but that doesnt mean it will a 12 inch coin in a nail bed because it wont no detector will if enough iron mask it.

__________________
1781 half reale,1740 king george,1851 large cent ,1860 indian head.1853 trime,1743 king george,1939 half,N.C sunburst,1869 sheild nickel,cannonball,confederate block I,cannon ball may God bless you

Reply With Quote


  #12  
Old 10-11-2016, 08:48 PM
NectarDetector's Avatar
NectarDetector NectarDetector is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Detecting365
Posts: 7,615
Default

Originally Posted by calabash digger View post
I dug a king george with a at pro at 9 or 10 inchs and it just got it with a nel tornado coil. I dug a spanish cob with the deus at 8 or 9 and thats a small silver target. THE COB IS ONE OF THE FAINTEST BEST TARGETS IVE DUG. I saw my buddy dig a 11 or 12 inch wheatie and I dug a deep one too in a field. I know iron and trash affect the target I dig in it almost everytime I hunt but the deus seperates better than any machine ive seen but that doesnt mean it will a 12 inch coin in a nail bed because it wont no detector will if enough iron mask it.
Proof is in the pudding though, the deus can definitely reach down deep. That video shows what it can do, and it wasn't some choppy feint tone either, like you said, I would dig that tone for sure!

__________________
.

Reply With Quote


  #13  
Old 10-11-2016, 08:58 PM
Trashfinder's Avatar
Trashfinder Trashfinder is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ardmore, OK
Posts: 449
Default

That program is my everyday hunt program except i run 5 tones set up the way i can hear them, i also run silencer at -1... But i have tried everything setting on every detector i have ever owned and not a singe one will hit a 12 inch quarter i have buried here. I can get to about 9-10 inches max here. Wish i had your dirt!!!!!!!!!! I do have a cz 3d coming with the 10.5 spider coil to try on the 12 quarter. If it will get it , it will be the first to do so.

Guess the upside here is that i do not have to dig so deep! Good video makes me jealous of your soil! I have watched your videos too and it looks so easy to dig in your soil,, so loose and loamy.
Reply With Quote


  #14  
Old 10-11-2016, 09:15 PM
calabash digger's Avatar
calabash digger calabash digger is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: calabash N.C
Posts: 713
Default

Originally Posted by Trashfinder View post
That program is my everyday hunt program except i run 5 tones set up the way i can hear them, i also run silencer at -1... But i have tried everything setting on every detector i have ever owned and not a singe one will hit a 12 inch quarter i have buried here. I can get to about 9-10 inches max here. Wish i had your dirt!!!!!!!!!! I do have a cz 3d coming with the 10.5 spider coil to try on the 12 quarter. If it will get it , it will be the first to do so.

Guess the upside here is that i do not have to dig so deep! Good video makes me jealous of your soil! I have watched your videos too and it looks so easy to dig in your soil,, so loose and loamy.
how are you ground balancing? you ever tried a negative balance by a couple points? I know here ground balance makes or breaks the depth, I know soil conditions will vary depth results though. hh

__________________
1781 half reale,1740 king george,1851 large cent ,1860 indian head.1853 trime,1743 king george,1939 half,N.C sunburst,1869 sheild nickel,cannonball,confederate block I,cannon ball may God bless you

Reply With Quote


  #15  
Old 10-12-2016, 12:58 AM
TheHunterGT's Avatar
TheHunterGT TheHunterGT is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Southeast Colorado
Posts: 83
Default

Soil will absolutely change results and that is the key here. Calabash has some of the best soil I have ever seen with depth like this. Basically air test like numbers here. If I was him I'd be pretty happy too. This is the type of soil the Land Ranger Pro can get 10 inches on a quarter with ID.

When I reviewed the Deus in my hellish backyard soil here in Colorado...it could not properly ID a quarter or a nickel at 5 inches in my backyard. Hell..it rarely even beeped. Even dug the coins live on video to prove it during my review. 11 inch coil..not the 9.

Tried every damn TX/disc/reactivity/silencer setting I could. Hot...cold...luke warm. It just could not see past 5 inches in my hellish test bed.

Yet the park a few miles up the road I was digging wheats at 9-10 inches all day.

Soil is everything and is why one day the F75 is king...oh wait the CTX3030...oh wait the Deus! Each reviewer has different soil thus is getting different results.

Even in a single test bed with different detectors there is room for error. What if X detector handles red clay better....and Y detector handles soft grass better...and Z detector handles sand better? It cannot be considered "fair" if they are not at the best site possible for each. So we can only choose what works best for our soil and our certain conditions.

I know I am preaching to the choir and you guys know this already....but perhaps for the people seeing this thinking "Oh boy the Dues will get me 15 inches"....think again. On the reverse side of that coin...it will almost always do better than 5 inches as well.
Reply With Quote


4 members found this post helpful.
  #16  
Old 10-12-2016, 01:09 AM
NectarDetector's Avatar
NectarDetector NectarDetector is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Detecting365
Posts: 7,615
Default

Well said.

__________________
.

Reply With Quote


  #17  
Old 10-12-2016, 07:37 AM
jonnied1 jonnied1 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Ripley WV
Posts: 291
Default

Hey calabash digger, you just made me go out and buy a bigger shovel.
Good demonstration on depth of the Deus.

__________________
AT Pro, XP Deus, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT

Reply With Quote


  #18  
Old 10-12-2016, 08:08 AM
rreahard's Avatar
rreahard rreahard is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 5,263
Default

Very nice!
Reply With Quote


  #19  
Old 10-12-2016, 08:30 AM
Trashfinder's Avatar
Trashfinder Trashfinder is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ardmore, OK
Posts: 449
Default

Originally Posted by TheHunterGT View post
Soil will absolutely change results and that is the key here. Calabash has some of the best soil I have ever seen with depth like this. Basically air test like numbers here. If I was him I'd be pretty happy too. This is the type of soil the Land Ranger Pro can get 10 inches on a quarter with ID.

When I reviewed the Deus in my hellish backyard soil here in Colorado...it could not properly ID a quarter or a nickel at 5 inches in my backyard. Hell..it rarely even beeped. Even dug the coins live on video to prove it during my review. 11 inch coil..not the 9.

Tried every damn TX/disc/reactivity/silencer setting I could. Hot...cold...luke warm. It just could not see past 5 inches in my hellish test bed.

Yet the park a few miles up the road I was digging wheats at 9-10 inches all day.

Soil is everything and is why one day the F75 is king...oh wait the CTX3030...oh wait the Deus! Each reviewer has different soil thus is getting different results.

Even in a single test bed with different detectors there is room for error. What if X detector handles red clay better....and Y detector handles soft grass better...and Z detector handles sand better? It cannot be considered "fair" if they are not at the best site possible for each. So we can only choose what works best for our soil and our certain conditions.

I know I am preaching to the choir and you guys know this already....but perhaps for the people seeing this thinking "Oh boy the Dues will get me 15 inches"....think again. On the reverse side of that coin...it will almost always do better than 5 inches as well.
That is why i bought and sold all the top of the line detectors till i realized this! I now re- own them all and i will keep them all because depending on where i go i pull out one or the other that works best for that area and situation. These last few posts should be the first thing new guys see so they won't make the mistakes i did and spend a lot of money buying and selling because someone attains some killer depth in their yard. I finally realized i live in a crappy soil area and the machines cannot get that depth here. But my test garden was the best thing i ever did to learn all my machines before hitting the real world and driving through a fog bank at a 100 mph with my high beams on!! Getting frustrated and getting the next machine that would be the end all and get 14 inches depth!
Reply With Quote


2 members found this post helpful.
  #20  
Old 10-12-2016, 09:18 AM
calabash digger's Avatar
calabash digger calabash digger is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: calabash N.C
Posts: 713
Default

Is this true or not you guys with the bad soil wouldnt you be better off with a pulse machine? I know soil conditions affect depth so heres a question to you guys if the deus will hit that kind of depth in my soil and say I test at pro and its getting 10 inchs in my soil and thats about right what kind of depth would the pro get in your soil. THE LOGIC IM TRYING TO USE IS THIS IF IN YOUR SOIL you can only see a quarter with the deus at 5 inchs how deep can you see that same quarter with the AT PRO since the deus has 4 or 5 inchs more depth capabilities?

__________________
1781 half reale,1740 king george,1851 large cent ,1860 indian head.1853 trime,1743 king george,1939 half,N.C sunburst,1869 sheild nickel,cannonball,confederate block I,cannon ball may God bless you

Reply With Quote


Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.