Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Quality Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > Make It or Fix It Yourself

Old 09-06-2015, 02:29 PM
Supporter

Default Blisstool Shaft Fix

I had the shaft of my Blisstool crack... I used Gray 3/4' PVC Pipe, a Heat Gun, and some Gorilla Glue Epoxy to fix mine and it worked very well.
I used a Miter Saw (any saw will do) to cut a 2.5" length of the 3/4" PVC Pipe, cleaned both parts of the broken Blisstool shaft. I then heated half of the 2.5" PVC Pipe and carefully pushed the broken end of the shaft half way in to the softened PVC Pipe. I then ran it under cold water to lock it onto the shaft... and boy does it lock when cooled! Use the Heat Gun to dry and soften the other end of the gray PVC Pipe and carefully insert the Coil Attachment end of the shaft in to the softened PVC pipe.... MAKE SURE THAT YOU ALIGN THE COIL MOUNT PIECE CORRECTLY SO THAT YOUR COIL WILL BE HORIZONTAL TO THE GROUND WHEN FINISHED! Pinch the ends of soft PVC Pipe on the sides to really secure the Coil Mount (as seen in the last two photos). You then mix a good amount of epoxy to fill-in the gaps on either of the pinched sides of the Coil Mount... standing the newly fixed shaft on it's end till the epoxy cures.
Check out the pictures:
Attached Images

Last edited by gdzag; 09-06-2015 at 05:51 PM.

Old 09-06-2015, 02:47 PM
Supporter

Default Blisstool Shaft fix...

Paint with Mar-Hyde Black Satin Automotive Trim Coating when done:
Attached Images

Old 12-30-2016, 09:40 PM
Supporter

Default Update on broken Blisstool shaft

Derek Asklar @ Blisstool USA sent me two new lower shafts for my Blisstool V3 free of charge some months back... I just let him know. He's a great guy.

Old 12-30-2016, 10:53 PM
Elite Member

Maybe I should look at mine a little closer.

Nice repair btw.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-30-2016, 11:52 PM
Supporter

Nice fix!

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-09-2017, 09:36 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by tnsharpshooter View post
Maybe I should look at mine a little closer.

Nice repair btw.
Thank you. I really like using PVC pipe. It has so much potential to fashion into detecting accessories. It really did work well in the Blisstool's shaft repair... that was on my V3... stepped up to the V6 without any shaft issues at all... seems that there was a issue with air pockets in some of the early V3 shafts... making them susceptible to failure. Derek Asklar @ Blisstool USA took care of me quickly when it snapped again with free replacement parts. The replacement shaft worked flawlessly.