Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Show Me Treasure
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Other Forums > Clubs, Hunts, and Events

Old 09-20-2015, 10:38 PM
Elite Member

Thanks for another fun hunt dave. Wish I would have been able to get there early and spend more time but I still had a great time and the food was great! Thanks to all involved.

Old 09-20-2015, 10:39 PM

Sucks I missed it. But who found what

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Old 09-20-2015, 10:55 PM
Elite Member

It would have been great to meet you finally man. Here's my good find of the day.
Attached Images

Old 09-20-2015, 10:55 PM

I know one day

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Old 09-20-2015, 10:59 PM
Elite Member

Pic #2
Attached Images

Old 09-21-2015, 12:19 AM
Elite Member

Sweet quarter!

Old 09-21-2015, 07:58 AM

Here are some photos.

The group when we started (I'm the one kneeling). It was great that some brought their kids:

And we're off:

My friend finds a broach and I find a Canadian nickel:

And now the broach is clean:

Old 09-21-2015, 08:03 AM

One of the guys found this class ring. I hope he posts some cleaned-up photos! It will also be exciting to see if he is able to track down the owner!

Old 09-21-2015, 10:12 AM
Elite Member

Again thanks to Dave for the invite and organizing the event. Was envious of all the CTX machines that were swinging around, hope to own one in the future.

As a result of the rain over the past couple days, the ground was really forgiving on the wrist and shoulders. I'm kinda sore today, hate to imagine how I'd feel if the ground had been difficult.

With the exception of shallow quarter signals, for the most part I focused on deeper targets. Good finds seemed to ring out clear once the other targets surrounding them were removed, the etrac did a great job of working around the distractions. The 1st silver showed up around 7-8 inches deep as a Washington. Midday the two dimes were in the same hole, and unfortunately I gouged the face of the Barber. The last honker of the day turned up around 4:30 pm and was fairly deep, close to 12 inches in sandy soil. On that note I high-tailed it back to the staging area to share my good fortune, but was kinda surprised to see that I missed out on the chance to wish everyone a safe ride home.

Thanks again David, super glad I didn't choose to watch the Bears lose LoL...had a great time

Old 09-21-2015, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by coin chaser View post
Pic #2
Congrats on the barber. That's in awsome shape too

Old 09-21-2015, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by blk86trbo View post
Again thanks to Dave for the invite and organizing the event. Was envious of all the CTX machines that were swinging around, hope to own one in the future.

As a result of the rain over the past couple days, the ground was really forgiving on the wrist and shoulders. I'm kinda sore today, hate to imagine how I'd feel if the ground had been difficult.

With the exception of shallow quarter signals, for the most part I focused on deeper targets. Good finds seemed to ring out clear once the other targets surrounding them were removed, the etrac did a great job of working around the distractions. The 1st silver showed up around 7-8 inches deep as a Washington. Midday the two dimes were in the same hole, and unfortunately I gouged the face of the Barber. The last honker of the day turned up around 4:30 pm and was fairly deep, close to 12 inches in sandy soil. On that note I high-tailed it back to the staging area to share my good fortune, but was kinda surprised to see that I missed out on the chance to wish everyone a safe ride home.

Thanks again David, super glad I didn't choose to watch the Bears lose LoL...had a great time

That's a nice pile of silver.. Those come from barber field??

Old 09-21-2015, 11:20 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by hiluxyota View post
That's a nice pile of silver.. Those come from barber field??
Thanks man, actually I made a point of staying out of the infield because I figured most people would be focusing there. I didn't cover much ground, was just really taking my time and giving the etrac a chance to see around all the debris.

Old 09-21-2015, 01:02 PM

On that note I high-tailed it back to the staging area to share my good fortune, but was kinda surprised to see that I missed out on the chance to wish everyone a safe ride home.
Sorry about that! I tried to catch everyone when I left but the fairgrounds is quite large!!!! Perhaps, next time, we can plan on meeting up for those that wish to leave! Glad you had fun and glad you found some good stuff! Also glad you were able to make it!

Old 09-21-2015, 01:48 PM
Elite Member

Wow congrats on the great coins. You did a heck of a good job sniffing out those coins in that target rich environment!!

Old 09-21-2015, 02:54 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by stugpanzer View post
Sorry about that! I tried to catch everyone when I left but the fairgrounds is quite large!!!! Perhaps, next time, we can plan on meeting up for those that wish to leave! Glad you had fun and glad you found some good stuff! Also glad you were able to make it!
Not a problem, don't take that the wrong way. It was just so nice out and the conditions were perfect, expected the detecting to go on until sundown haha.

Wow congrats on the great coins. You did a heck of a good job sniffing out those coins in that target rich environment!!
Thank you. Next time, if you don't mind, I'd enjoy if you could demonstrate how your CTX detects multiple targets. It seems like an awesome machine and it really interests me. And super congrats on your pristine Barber quarter, that's something to be proud of for sure!

Old 09-21-2015, 09:59 PM
Elite Member

Not a problem, don't take that the wrong way. It was just so nice out and the conditions were perfect, expected the detecting to go on until sundown haha.

Thank you. Next time, if you don't mind, I'd enjoy if you could demonstrate how your CTX detects multiple targets. It seems like an awesome machine and it really interests me. And super congrats on your pristine Barber quarter, that's something to be proud of for sure!
Yea for sure! Heck I would love to go back and forth on targets to see how each machine reacts verses the other. We will have to do it some time.

Old 09-22-2015, 10:37 AM
Elite Member

It was great to meet members from the forum. The weather was perfect and the location was amazing. Food was good and plentiful. You did a great job, Dave, organizing the event. Thanks very much! Congrats to everyone on all the great finds. Mine were not so great but it was fun! Best were 1919 and 1920 wheats plus the .570 slug. Not sure what the ornate cap is from. Thought it might be a pull-knob but it is threaded on the outside. My son found some interesting relics and clad. Maybe I can get him to post pictures when he gets his stuff cleaned up.
Attached Images

Old 09-22-2015, 11:55 AM
Elite Member

Yea for sure! Heck I would love to go back and forth on targets to see how each machine reacts verses the other. We will have to do it some time.
I'd like to see that too. There was no shortage of manufacturer trash-talking going on.

No pics right now of my finds but I found a part of an old latch and a pretty old padlock with part of the key broken off. Trying to get it cleaned up. Uncovered a few markings so I hope to get a date on it. The surface clad was everywhere over by the rides so the $11.56 in clad I found was at least enough for the gas and a drive-thru stop on the way home.

It was a fun day (with really good eats) but as of Tuesday morning I'm still pretty sore. Can't wait to do it again!

Old 09-23-2015, 10:09 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Dirt Nuker View post
I'd like to see that too. There was no shortage of manufacturer trash-talking going on.

No pics right now of my finds but I found a part of an old latch and a pretty old padlock with part of the key broken off. Trying to get it cleaned up. Uncovered a few markings so I hope to get a date on it. The surface clad was everywhere over by the rides so I the $11.56 in clad I found was at least enough for the gas and a drive-thru stop on the way home.

It was a fun day (with really good eats) but as of Tuesday morning I'm still pretty sore. Can't wait to do it again!
Lol I may have been a little part of the trash talking!!!! All in good fun though. There were great finds all around. It was a good time.

Old 09-27-2015, 06:54 PM
Supporter

I missed it .I live close to there , had I know i would have been there. Maybe next year. If you know of anything else going on in my area let me know.