Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Show Me Treasure
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Other Forums > Clubs, Hunts, and Events

Reply
  
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-03-2015, 02:53 PM
stugpanzer stugpanzer is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 85
Default UPDATE: Sandwich Illinois Fairground Hunt - Sunday September 20

I am back! Some of you have joined me at the Sandwich Fair and it is great fun! Now it is time for another hunt!

The week of Illinois' second largest Fair, the Sandwich Fair in Sandwich Illinois was held Sept 9 ~ 13. I have secured a day on Sunday Sept 20 for a group hunt at the fairgrounds, this Sunday after the Fair! There should be plenty of dropped clad and perhaps even jewelry....but those that have come here with me also know there seems to be an abundance of silver in the fairgrounds as well. We will have access to the entire grounds!

After we met-up the last time, some suggested we do some grilling, etc and I think that sounds like a great idea! If we bring a couple grills and bring our own meat and sides, chips, etc and coolers we could make a picnic of it as well!

One more thing....I have two people that are coming that do not have a detector. I will bring my extra one and if anyone else is willing to bring any extras...not only for them but others that may show up as well, that would be great!

Meet-up at 9am at McDonalds 120, Indian Springs Dr, Sandwich, IL 60548

at 9:30, we caravan to the fairgrounds and setup 'base camp' and get hunting.

At around noon, we gather back at 'base camp' and get the grills going and then have lunch. Once we are done eating, socializing, etc, we get back to hunting.

Items needed for the picnic:
Grill
Hamburger Buns
Hotdog Buns
????


If you get lost call me at 815-351-8865


People Attending (as far as I know) and what they will bring for the picnic:

Stugpanzer - Burgers, tables, Ketchup/Mustard & My Weber Q grill
Coin Chaser
hiluxyota
Dirt Nuker - Deli Meats & Buns/Rolls
ChicagoDigger
Diggin Funatic - paper plates, forks, spoons, coleslaw, folding table.
Silver Sniffer
TJRampage94
DirtyRob
TylerL
TimF
Kad27 - Deviled Eggs and Hamburger Buns
blk86trbo - case of water & Hotdogs & buns

Bring Your family if you wish and lets make this a family outing!

Oh and this time, lets get a group photo! I keep forgetting to do that!

David (aka Stugpanzer)

__________________
===========
Garrett AT Pro

Reply With Quote


  #2  
Old 09-03-2015, 08:16 PM
coin chaser's Avatar
coin chaser coin chaser is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: illinois,chicago suburbs
Posts: 2,427
Default

Sounds like a fun day! I will check if I can make it and let you know. Thanks for the heads up and invitation.


Ps. Your "it" on our game of phone tag!
Reply With Quote


  #3  
Old 09-03-2015, 08:58 PM
hiluxyota hiluxyota is offline
Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 106
Default

Originally Posted by stugpanzer View post
I am back! Some of you have joined me at the Sandwich Fair and it is great fun! Now it is time for another hunt!

The week of Illinois' second largest Fair, the Sandwich Fair in Sandwich Illinois will be held Wednesday, Sept 9 ~ 13. I have secured a day on Sunday Sept 20 for a group hunt at the fairgrounds, the Sunday after the Fair. There should be plenty of dropped clad and perhaps even jewelry....but those that have come here with me also know there seems to be an abundance of silver in the fairgrounds as well. We will have access to the entire grounds!

After we met-up the last time, some suggested we do some grilling, etc and I think that sounds like a great idea! If we bring a couple grills and bring our own meat and sides, chips, etc and coolers we could make a picnic of it as well!

I will update this post as we get closer with the time and where to meet-up at.
I will be there there's seateds in barber field!!!
Reply With Quote


  #4  
Old 09-04-2015, 11:53 AM
Dirt Nuker's Avatar
Dirt Nuker Dirt Nuker is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Land of Zincoln (IL)
Posts: 971
Default

When my phone went off the other day, I looked at the email and said "Oh boy!". I should be able to make it. I'm assuming the grandstand area is finished. Was there anything good in that area?

Can't decide whether to hit the ride area or go directly to Barber Field. I'm all about the deep silver but that CTX 3030 I want isn't going to pay for itself.

__________________
Hail to the Coil, baby! | CTX-3030, AT-Pro, Ace 250 | Chuck E. Cheese King
Clad to date: $371.50

Reply With Quote


  #5  
Old 09-04-2015, 02:00 PM
stugpanzer stugpanzer is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 85
Default

Originally Posted by Dirt Nuker View post
When my phone went off the other day, I looked at the email and said "Oh boy!". I should be able to make it. I'm assuming the grandstand area is finished. Was there anything good in that area?

Can't decide whether to hit the ride area or go directly to Barber Field. I'm all about the deep silver but that CTX 3030 I want isn't going to pay for itself.
I found a 1946 rosey in the grandstand area and I think others found some Wheats but not a whole lot.

I figure the parking areas might be ripe for jewelry hunting as well!

__________________
===========
Garrett AT Pro

Reply With Quote


  #6  
Old 09-04-2015, 02:51 PM
ChicagoDigger's Avatar
ChicagoDigger ChicagoDigger is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Plainfield IL
Posts: 14
Default Sandwich Illinois Fairground Hunt - Sunday September 20

I will be there.

Just got my pro-pointer back from Garrett, it went swimming in the river,,but didn't make it. They fixed it up good as new,,it is now sealed in Plasti Dip...

__________________
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett ATPRO

Reply With Quote


  #7  
Old 09-04-2015, 03:32 PM
stugpanzer stugpanzer is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 85
Default

I am thinking of a 9 or 10am meet-up and then at around noon, light the grills and have a bit of a picnic for an hour or two then back to hunting! How does that sound to everybody?

__________________
===========
Garrett AT Pro

Reply With Quote


  #8  
Old 09-04-2015, 06:14 PM
Diggin Funatic's Avatar
Diggin Funatic Diggin Funatic is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Quad Cities
Posts: 2,621
Default

I think I can make it this time around! I happen to be on vacation that week so hopefully nothing comes up.

__________________
T2SE, ATPro and F2

Reply With Quote


  #9  
Old 09-05-2015, 11:17 PM
XP-Digger's Avatar
XP-Digger XP-Digger is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 377
Default

I'll be there

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote


  #10  
Old 09-07-2015, 09:26 PM
hiluxyota hiluxyota is offline
Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 106
Default

Originally Posted by stugpanzer View post
I am thinking of a 9 or 10am meet-up and then at around noon, light the grills and have a bit of a picnic for an hour or two then back to hunting! How does that sound to everybody?
Sounds good. The earlier the better for everyone to pocket some finds before the grill starts.
Reply With Quote


  #11  
Old 09-08-2015, 08:33 AM
stugpanzer stugpanzer is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 85
Default

This is what I have so far:

Meet-up at 9am - Probably will have to meet at a place like McDonalds since there might be some that have not come here before.

We caravan to the fairgrounds and setup 'base camp' and get hunting.

At around noon, we gather back at 'base camp' and get the grills going and then have lunch. Once we are done eating, socializing, etc, we get back to hunting.

With all that said, we will need one or two grills. Should we bring our own meat? There is a store in Sandwich that has a butcher shop so I could go get 1/4 pound burgers to simplify for everyone. Then along with that we can do chips and drinks, etc.

People Attending (as far as I know):
Stugpanzer
Coin Chaser
hiluxyota
Dirt Nuker
ChicagoDigger
Diggin Funatic
XP-Digger
TJRampage94

Bring Your family and lets make this a family outing!

Oh and this time, lets get a group photo! I keep forgetting to do that!

David (aka Stugpanzer)

__________________
===========
Garrett AT Pro

Reply With Quote


  #12  
Old 09-08-2015, 10:03 AM
DirtyRob's Avatar
DirtyRob DirtyRob is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 8,522
Default

Originally Posted by stugpanzer View post
This is what I have so far:

Meet-up at 9am - Probably will have to meet at a place like McDonalds since there might be some that have not come here before.

We caravan to the fairgrounds and setup 'base camp' and get hunting.

At around noon, we gather back at 'base camp' and get the grills going and then have lunch. Once we are done eating, socializing, etc, we get back to hunting.

With all that said, we will need one or two grills. Should we bring our own meat? There is a store in Sandwich that has a butcher shop so I could go get 1/4 pound burgers to simplify for everyone. Then along with that we can do chips and drinks, etc.

People Attending (as far as I know):
Stugpanzer
Coin Chaser
hiluxyota
Dirt Nuker
ChicagoDigger
Diggin Funatic
XP-Digger
TJRampage94

Bring Your family and lets make this a family outing!

Oh and this time, lets get a group photo! I keep forgetting to do that!

David (aka Stugpanzer)
I will be coming with XP-Digger. Still wish I had made the first one! THANKS for lining this up again!

__________________
Career-20591 coins-$1267.68/38-Silver Coins/213-Wheats/37-.925 BLING/8-Gold BLING/9-IH/2-Buf
2017 Totals-418-coins-$22.34 /0-.925 Jewelry/24-Wheats/0-GOLD/3-SILVER COINS/1-IH/1-Buff

Reply With Quote


  #13  
Old 09-08-2015, 12:09 PM
stugpanzer stugpanzer is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 85
Default

Originally Posted by DirtyRob View post
I will be coming with XP-Digger. Still wish I had made the first one! THANKS for lining this up again!
Hey DirtyRob....that's great news!

__________________
===========
Garrett AT Pro

Reply With Quote


  #14  
Old 09-09-2015, 11:58 PM
Iaddrummer Iaddrummer is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 36
Default re

would be interested just need to figure out where sandwich illinois is from me im down by lake shelbyville
Reply With Quote


  #15  
Old 09-10-2015, 12:49 AM
timf timf is online now
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Geneva, ILLINOIS
Posts: 29
Default

I'll be there
Reply With Quote


  #16  
Old 09-10-2015, 07:34 AM
XP-Digger's Avatar
XP-Digger XP-Digger is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 377
Default

Can't wait

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote


  #17  
Old 09-10-2015, 04:16 PM
stugpanzer stugpanzer is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 85
Default

Originally Posted by Iaddrummer View post
would be interested just need to figure out where sandwich illinois is from me im down by lake shelbyville
I believe I am about 3 hours north of you but would love to have ya make it!

__________________
===========
Garrett AT Pro

Reply With Quote


  #18  
Old 09-10-2015, 09:57 PM
Diggin Funatic's Avatar
Diggin Funatic Diggin Funatic is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Quad Cities
Posts: 2,621
Default

My son, Nate, aka "Silver Sniffer" will be coming as well. Sounds like it should be fun meeting other forum members and sharing our hobby.

__________________
T2SE, ATPro and F2

Reply With Quote


  #19  
Old 09-14-2015, 08:49 AM
stugpanzer stugpanzer is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 85
Default

I would like to come up with a list for the 'picnic' portion of this hunt. Again, my thoughts are that we gather at noon and light the grill/s cook some burgers, sit and eat and socialize!

We need burgers, buns, chips, condiments, a grill or two. if its easier, We can bring our own stuff or maybe bring our own drinks.

Please give me your opinion on this and what you think you might be willing to bring.

I can leave near noon and go get some 1/4lb sirloin burgers from the local butcher. I can also bring some folding tables that would serve as serving tables.

Stugpanzer: Burgers, Tables
Coin Chaser
hiluxyota
Dirt Nuker
ChicagoDigger
Diggin Funatic
Silver Sniffer
XP-Digger
TJRampage94
DirtyRob
TylerL
TimF
Kad27

__________________
===========
Garrett AT Pro

Reply With Quote


  #20  
Old 09-14-2015, 09:13 AM
XP-Digger's Avatar
XP-Digger XP-Digger is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 377
Default

I can't wait
Reply With Quote


Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.