Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Myers Depot Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > Metal Detector Accessories

Old 01-05-2017, 05:21 PM
Supporter

Default Grizzly Digger review

Well Santa brought me some new goodies this year so I thought I would share my thoughts about them.

Here is the Grizzly digger from Dirt Digger Tools: http://www.dirtdiggertools.com/the-grizzly.html

If the Lesche Model 76 and Model 31 had a baby, this is what it would look like. The model 76 has the serrations for easy root cutting but has always been a pain trying to scoop dirt from the hole, the model 38 is great for scooping dirt from the hole but has no provision for cutting roots. This too does both! I have put this thing through its paces this week and it has performed excellent. Especially with this NY weather as the top 1" or so is frozen solid. I'm also recommend Buzz Wilsons Raptor styel sheath for this tool as it fits it like a glove and is easy in and out of the sheath. Here is a pic of it between the 2 Lesche models.

Last edited by choppadude; 01-05-2017 at 06:10 PM.

Old 01-05-2017, 05:27 PM
Supporter

Nice review, choppa, thanks for sharing.

I use the original gator digger when it comes to hand diggers

It is the ONLY hand digger I will use, because of the things you say. It is shovel like, and I can remove more dirt per scoop than a knife like hand digger.

This one looks like it would perform about the same, although I dig in rocky soil and would need more of a point to help get through the rocks I'd think...

Looks like a good tool! I'd definitely try one...looks like a GREAT TOOL!