Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Big boys Hobbies
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Everything About Finds > Cleaning Your Finds

Old 12-30-2016, 02:36 PM
Elite Member

Default Laundry bag to clean clad

This method is probably my new go to way to clean clad. Just enough clean to get through the coinstar or to roll. The mesh allows the dirt to be washed away with a garden hose and then spread out on the driveway to air dry. Then roll or dump EASY!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 01-23-2017, 07:42 AM

Good idea that I will steal but with a small laundry bag used for delicate things which I will steal from my wife. (The bag not the delicates)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 01-23-2017, 08:32 AM
Elite Member

Cool idea but don't think it would work for me. A few years back I was a den leader for cub scouts and one of the things we did was just collect cans for recycling to extra funds. Didn't get much, maybe $20-$30 for a months collection but it was something small and simple a bunch of 7-8 year olds could do easily enough. Well I had a couple bags of empties sitting right againt my garage door and some lady walk right up to them, took them and walked off down the road. Normally I would of gone out and said something but I knew she didn't make much. Only saw her working as a crossing guard for the school sometimes but I think that was about the only income she had. Figured she needed them more then we did. Still was kind of shocked she walked right up to the door and helped herself. Then again we trick or treated at her house 1 year and she was giving out loose candy corns on a rainy Halloween. Those were a sticky mess when we got home. Have to give her credit for at least trying.

Old 01-23-2017, 10:14 AM
Supporter

Smile

Hey , looks like a good plan , quick clean and coinstar dump ? HH

Old 02-12-2017, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by T-Man View post
Cool idea but don't think it would work for me. A few years back I was a den leader for cub scouts and one of the things we did was just collect cans for recycling to extra funds. Didn't get much, maybe $20-$30 for a months collection but it was something small and simple a bunch of 7-8 year olds could do easily enough. Well I had a couple bags of empties sitting right againt my garage door and some lady walk right up to them, took them and walked off down the road. Normally I would of gone out and said something but I knew she didn't make much. Only saw her working as a crossing guard for the school sometimes but I think that was about the only income she had. Figured she needed them more then we did. Still was kind of shocked she walked right up to the door and helped herself. Then again we trick or treated at her house 1 year and she was giving out loose candy corns on a rainy Halloween. Those were a sticky mess when we got home. Have to give her credit for at least trying.

You might be able to give her the benefit of doubt.... Perhaps she thought they were going into the trash? and she just rescued them

Old 03-11-2017, 01:57 PM
Supporter

How clean do they have to be for coinstar ugadigger? Can you post a pic?

Old 03-11-2017, 02:30 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by BuscaPlata View post
How clean do they have to be for coinstar ugadigger? Can you post a pic?
I haven't did the coinstar dump yet, but the coins don't come out shiny as they do tumbling...I just wanted to get the main dirt off without alot of effort. I will let you know...

Old 03-11-2017, 04:27 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by ugadigger View post
I haven't did the coinstar dump yet, but the coins don't come out shiny as they do tumbling...I just wanted to get the main dirt off without alot of effort. I will let you know...
Ok thanks

Old 03-11-2017, 11:47 PM

That's a good idea, I might try it myself!

At the moment I chuck my "spendables" into the cement mixer with a bit of aggregate, water and sand, and after half an hour they come out clean