Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Fort Bedford Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Caches, Old Bottles, and other Treasures

Old 02-14-2016, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Hdnsouth View post
+1 PVC schedule 40 will last forever and you could probably drive a car over it without breaking
Ive thought about that as well with the other cashe I've posted. I just worry someone who finds it would think they found some sort of bomb.

Old 02-14-2016, 10:30 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by KAdiggs View post
Ive thought about that as well with the other cashe I've posted. I just worry someone who finds it would think they found some sort of bomb.
Never thought about it looking like a bomb and you're right it would. You'd have every news crew there and they'd probably blow it up.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:39 PM
Elite Member

Don't forget to pack silica gel into the cache. Use a lot, I'm not sure how long it will last. I guess it depends on whether the container is really air tight. You'll need at least enough to dry out the air locked inside. Those pictures, cassette tapes, and paper wouldn't stand a chance without it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk