Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Fort Bedford Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Everything About Finds > What's the Value? > CRHing

Reply
  
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-08-2017, 04:43 PM
KingTotsalot's Avatar
KingTotsalot KingTotsalot is offline
Official Tot Lot King
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
Posts: 7,694
Default And so starts the New Year 2017!

This is KT's first post for the New Year...clean slate and empty storage boxes and tubes starting off! HA HA

Picked up the boxes last Thursday and because KT had a motorcycle club meeting that night, He got a late start ripping rolls that evening. Finished up on Friday, while watching the snow flakes fall from the Royal Counting Room window. Here is the account:

Box 1 - 1 NIFC
Box 2 - 1 40% Ag Ken, 4 NIFCs
Box 3 - 6 NIFCs, 1 grease-filled die 96 Ken
Box 4 - 1 64 Ken, 2 NIFCs
Box 5 - 4 NIFCs

Total first CRH of 2017 - not that bad....1 90% Ag Ken, 1 40% Ag Ken, 17 NIFCs, 1 grease-filled die error.

Enjoy the pics! Onward and upward! Best of luck to all this new year.....
Attached Images
   

__________________
BH Tracker IV, Tesoro Compadre, ATPro; 2017 CRH totals: 76 40%ers, 14 90%ers, 2 proofs, 62 NIFCs, 0 Au-plated Kens, 0 87 Kens, 0 foreigns

Reply With Quote


  #2  
Old 01-09-2017, 09:05 AM
NCtoad's Avatar
NCtoad NCtoad is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 328
Default

Originally Posted by KingTotsalot View post
This is KT's first post for the New Year...clean slate and empty storage boxes and tubes starting off! HA HA

Picked up the boxes last Thursday and because KT had a motorcycle club meeting that night, He got a late start ripping rolls that evening. Finished up on Friday, while watching the snow flakes fall from the Royal Counting Room window. Here is the account:

Box 1 - 1 NIFC
Box 2 - 1 40% Ag Ken, 4 NIFCs
Box 3 - 6 NIFCs, 1 grease-filled die 96 Ken
Box 4 - 1 64 Ken, 2 NIFCs
Box 5 - 4 NIFCs

Total first CRH of 2017 - not that bad....1 90% Ag Ken, 1 40% Ag Ken, 17 NIFCs, 1 grease-filled die error.

Enjoy the pics! Onward and upward! Best of luck to all this new year.....
For those that don't have a clue: what does NIFC stand for?

__________________
F70...learning more and more
Tesoro Compadre 8" coil

Reply With Quote


  #3  
Old 01-09-2017, 09:59 AM
Mud-puppy's Avatar
Mud-puppy Mud-puppy is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: West Michigan area
Posts: 6,394
Default

Originally Posted by NCtoad View post
For those that don't have a clue: what does NIFC stand for?
In most Coin roll hunters cases, it means..."Needs Immediate Female Companionship" Thats why he keeps posting about it all the time...!.
Mud

__________________

Detecting is the study of Mankinds interaction with topography, the untrustworthiness of pockets, and metals desire to return to the Earth from whence it came.


Last edited by Mud-puppy; 01-09-2017 at 11:24 AM.
Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
  #4  
Old 01-09-2017, 10:08 AM
DIGGER27's Avatar
DIGGER27 DIGGER27 is online now
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and Kansas
Posts: 13,038
Default

Not Intended for Circulation.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/co...-question.html

Lower mintage coins sold by the mint to be added to collections not for use in the real world although many still seem to be released into the wild for many reasons.
Proofs are the rarest of these types with their mirror finish but many still escape from their display sets and end up in rolls.

Luckily most of the general populace don't know much about coins, silver content or anything else except how to spend them so they can be found out there by those that hunt for them.

__________________
"I intend to live forever. So far, so good!".
2017 Totals...Clad, silver pin, 6silver coins including a freaking Barber quarter!


Last edited by DIGGER27; 01-09-2017 at 10:24 AM.
Reply With Quote


  #5  
Old 01-09-2017, 10:26 AM
NCtoad's Avatar
NCtoad NCtoad is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 328
Default

Originally Posted by DIGGER27 View post
Not Intended for Circulation.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/co...-question.html

Lower mintage coins sold by the mint to be added to collections not for use in the real world although many still seem to be released into the wild for many reasons.
Proofs are the rarest of these types with their mirror finish but many still escape from their display sets and end up in rolls.

Luckily most of the general populace don't know much about coins, silver content or anything else except how to spend them so they can be found out there by those that hunt for them.
And now for the serious answer...thanks Digger!

__________________
F70...learning more and more
Tesoro Compadre 8" coil

Reply With Quote


  #6  
Old 01-09-2017, 11:08 AM
Mud-puppy's Avatar
Mud-puppy Mud-puppy is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: West Michigan area
Posts: 6,394
Default

We lived on a little farm, Daddy worked the coal mines and had a side job repairing cars and whatnot, he was seldom home. He left short hand lists of chores for me and my brother to do..."MTC" milk the cow..."FTF" fix the fence..."CW" cut wood, "STH" slop the hogs, and things like that....One day, along with all the rest, he left us a cryptic "NIFC"...

Neither me or my brother could figure it out! We pondered and studied on this as we went about our familial duties, putting a check mark next to the easy abbreviations as we completed them...But what was "NIFC?"....Confused, we left "NIFC" blank.....He got home, covered in coal soot and axle grease, dog tired, we could hear him running the squeaky handpump in the kitchen next to the sink to wash the grit out of his throat, when all of a sudden, He gave a mighty swear and hollered out...."Dammit boys! Didnt you get the Newts out of the Frigging Cistern?"..

"NIFC" meant 'Newts In the Frigging Cistern'....makes sense now...a flock of newts sure can clog a handpump, and makes for some pretty nasty tasting water and coffee!...even chickory...
Mud

__________________

Detecting is the study of Mankinds interaction with topography, the untrustworthiness of pockets, and metals desire to return to the Earth from whence it came.


Last edited by Mud-puppy; 01-09-2017 at 11:27 AM.
Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
  #7  
Old 01-09-2017, 10:25 AM
NCtoad's Avatar
NCtoad NCtoad is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 328
Default

Originally Posted by Mud-puppy View post
In most Coin roll hunters cases, it means..."Needs Immediate Female Companion" Thats why he keeps posting about it all the time...!.
Mud
Thanks Mud!

__________________
F70...learning more and more
Tesoro Compadre 8" coil

Reply With Quote


  #8  
Old 01-10-2017, 08:59 PM
zeemang zeemang is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: South of there
Posts: 16,281
Default

Nice start your highness, that's more silver than alot of people have found so far this year...

__________________
Excal II, Sov GT, X terra 705.
Living the American dream, just a bit further south...

Reply With Quote


Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.