Man Caves

lockollector

I admit, when I'm not working or MDing I am a man cave dweller. How bout them man Caves!! Lets see 'em!

Attachments

• 1204102135.jpg
    1204102135.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 888
  • IMGP0850-1-1.jpg
    IMGP0850-1-1.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 787
  • 1226101336.jpg
    1226101336.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 939
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 944
Nice...
My cave is a disaster. I've been hoarding. There's no room to walk in there... I need to organize.

Harbor Freight mini lathe? I have one of those! I love mine.

Very nice place you got there!! Nice work!

I have one too, my daughter calls it Dad's house.. :lol:

I'll bet her teacher at school thinks my wife and I are separated, "my daddy fixed this at his house" lol... :shock:

I'll try to get some pictures up in a little bit...

<*)))>{

This took me a year of late nights to finish..

I used a piece of bowling alley lane for my bar top. Actually my bar top, back bar top, and side rails are all made of it. All this was done under $1000 (not counting signs and such)..

Besides the bowling alley lane and the Burr Oak trim (made from old rough cut slabs)on the tops, most all of it was made from recycled pallets..

And because we all love pictures...

Mock up (thinking out loud)

FT.jpg

Sanding war 2010

jpeg_reencoded.jpg

A preview of the finished look using mineral spirits..

0705100118a.jpg

Bar and back bar top getting poly..

IMG_5448.jpg

IMG_5455.jpg

Frame for under the bar..

IMG_5450.jpg

Frame for the back bar...

IMG_5458.jpg

Mirror/Shelf mock up for back bar made from 4"X12" (also a great "bar" garbage can)..

IMG_5451.jpg

Getting close..

jpeg_reencodedhg.jpg

All done...

2.jpg

11.jpg

10.jpg

9.jpg

8.jpg

7.jpg

6.jpg

5-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

1-1.jpg

<*)))>{

That is awesome. I was actually thinking of buying a large shed and putting it in back of my house and starting from there.

Ice Scratcher has the best man cave I've ever seen. Mines just a 12'x12' wood shed I built that is too hot to hang out in in the warmer months. Of course mines called "The Dog house":lol:

I guess i can call this my man cave until it's finished... Eventually this will be my house, but currently it's a place to go and have a few when i feel like it...

Attachments

• DSC_0045.jpg
    DSC_0045.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 787
  • DSC_0046.jpg
    DSC_0046.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 717
  • DSC_0025.jpg
    DSC_0025.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 693
Ice Scratcher has the best man cave I've ever seen. Mines just a 12'x12' wood shed I built that is too hot to hang out in in the warmer months. Of course mines called "The Dog house":lol:

Thanks man!!

We all have our doghouses, it all depends on how much of a dog you are lol...

Mine has air and a wood stove that will cook you if you wish!

<*)))>{

I guess i can call this my man cave until it's finished... Eventually this will be my house, but currently it's a place to go and have a few when i feel like it...

And detect? :D

Wow, after seeing the bar mancave I don't even wanna share my measly garage. :P

I used a piece of bowling alley lane for my bar top. Actually my bar top, back bar top, and side rails are all made of it. All this was done under $1000 (not counting signs and such)..

Besides the bowling alley lane and the Burr Oak trim (made from old rough cut slabs)on the tops, most all of it was made from recycled pallets..

That is AWESOME!! On the next house I buy, a spot for a man cave is required and I will model it after yours.

And because we all love pictures...

Mock up (thinking out loud)

FT.jpg

Sanding war 2010

jpeg_reencoded.jpg

A preview of the finished look using mineral spirits..

0705100118a.jpg

Bar and back bar top getting poly..

IMG_5448.jpg

IMG_5455.jpg

Frame for under the bar..

IMG_5450.jpg

Frame for the back bar...

IMG_5458.jpg

Mirror/Shelf mock up for back bar made from 4"X12" (also a great "bar" garbage can)..

IMG_5451.jpg

Getting close..

jpeg_reencodedhg.jpg

All done...

2.jpg

11.jpg

10.jpg

9.jpg

8.jpg

7.jpg

6.jpg

5-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

1-1.jpg

<*)))>{
Nice, very nice. If I lived closer I would have a couple cold ones with you and teach you a lesson in foosball ;). Don't play it very often now a days but me and my buddy used to play for hours and hours at the bars.

nice, very nice. If i lived closer i would have a couple cold ones with you and teach you a lesson in foosball ;). Don't play it very often now a days but me and my buddy used to play for hours and hours at the bars.

bring it!!

<*)))>{

A winter time bump for this thread...

I figure folks will be spending a little more time in their caves, although for me, I hope to be getting out more as it gets colder...

<*)))>{

I built a small man cave this fall.

I started with a basic 8x10 shed.
picture.php

Added a window.
picture.php

Some insulation and drywall.
picture.php

A little tape and some joint compound.
picture.php

Some paint, LED lighting, and flooring.
picture.php

And finally some furniture and satellite TV, and my man cave/reloading shed is complete.
picture.php

It's not as lavish as some but it's my little space to get away from everyone and not have to worry about the wife "tidying up". I like being able to leave something on the counter and if I don't come back for 2 weeks it doesn't matter it will still be there when I do come back.

Back
Top Bottom