** Fresh Drop, Old Drop **

meggie

Elite Member
Yes, I'm back, not for want of trying either .. all beaches have just been too sanded in.
Well finally today I spotted the start of a washout and it proved to be quite good for me.
Plenty of coins including 2 UK one's 1903 Edward VIIth Threepence & a 1924 Penny.
The best was an old Signet 9ct ring and 375 dress ring 9 (fresh drop)
Unfortunately, the Verdigris was so severe on the Signet ring that it crumbled as many do on low carat rings!
I think the washout will improve over the next few days with the higher tides .. I'll be back there tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_0959.jpg
    IMG_0959.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 744
  • IMG_0974.jpg
    IMG_0974.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 700
  • IMG_0978.jpg
    IMG_0978.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 732
Fresh drop, old drop, teardrop... word association, right? :shrug:

As always, nice finds Meggie!

R5

That old signet is beautiful! Never get tired of seeing them..:thumbsup:

:dingding: Nice seeing you back here with a double!

Pretty cool you found that fresh drop Gold in amidst all that old drop junk...Yeah! So that particular location has seen some traffic throughout the years!..I bet theres more gold in there waiting for you! Go get it for us Meggie old Bean!

:thumbsup: Great work!!

When I retire perhaps I'll finally have time to get back in the game! Of course I may not handle the waves too well at 92 years of age!!!!!! (It ain't all that easy at 77!!):D

I found a 1715 fleet ring that looked like that. I just hung it by a thread in a glass of demineralized water for several weeks to suck the salt out of it. Changed the water frequently. Deionized water would be better but it's hard to find.

Nice find Meggie! Yup I;ve had low karat rings that have been soaking in the ocean a long time shatter when dropped. Its still gold though so re-cycle!

I've been fighting sanded in beaches as well. Every find I came up with this weekend was at least 2 of 3 scoops deep. Gave me a good workout.

Back
Top Bottom