Recent SoCal Finds Including My New Favorite Token and a Cool Piece of History

Thanks Tom! So if you came south of SB I guess I get a pass to go north. Nice goi g on the seateds. Park or lot?....

It was a ... hmmmm.... let's call it a "relicky" site :) 2 seated dimes from the 1860s, and a pesky 1900 barber dime. Was a close friend of mine.

As for robots being allowed north of Santa Barbara : Absolutely not ! haha

But seriously now: I was just at a park yesterday in Napa, CA, that's been pounded to smithereens for 40+ yrs. Was able to eek out a '37 Walker, '38 washington, 2 war nickels, a 4 wheaties. Was thinking: I wonder how Dan and Jamflicker could do at a place like this ? It would be like a chess-master playing chess with a computer: I'd like to give it a shot :) So if you ever wanna make a weekender trip up here to some spots, there's a couch you can crash on.

Postscript: After my friend left that first back-pocket site of ours in So. CA, he went to another spot of ours, 30 min. from there, and got an 1871 seated dime.

But these would all be comparing "apples to oranges". Park turf is admittedly a totally different strategy than relicky/ruins type sites. I just as much enjoy eeking out the elusive early mercs and barbers from sickly turfed parks, as I do pulling seateds from stage stop/ruins/relicky type sites. Each venue has it's own "sport within a sport" feel.

It was a ... hmmmm.... let's call it a "relicky" site :) 2 seated dimes from the 1860s, and a pesky 1900 barber dime. Was a close friend of mine.

As for robots being allowed north of Santa Barbara : Absolutely not ! haha

But seriously now: I was just at a park yesterday in Napa, CA, that's been pounded to smithereens for 40+ yrs. Was able to eek out a '37 Walker, '38 washington, 2 war nickels, a 4 wheaties. Was thinking: I wonder how Dan and Jamflicker could do at a place like this ? It would be like a chess-master playing chess with a computer: I'd like to give it a shot :) So if you ever wanna make a weekender trip up here to some spots, there's a couch you can crash on.
Thanks Tom, I might take you up on that someday. Congrats on your seateds and barber. Seateds anywhere are tough. While you were in so cal I was in Arizona pillaging this state. Although nothing as old as you I did find 5 silver including an slq and the oldest coin was a 1905 Indian.

Man Jam that token is tops! Awesome hunting, and beyond. Congrats!
Thanks buddy!
Just an outstanding couple of hunts. Congrats on the silver but the tokens put it over the top. That fob could reference our hobby-rich soil less toil. lol I dug the same whiskey token last spring, The TR tokens the best. He is my favorite. HH Mrk
Thanks Mark!
Nice assortment of finds....congrats!
Thanks
Jam you are a detecting machine! Keep it up!
Thanks
Awesome hunt man, those tokens are great!
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom