2019 YTD Finds with the Kiddo

culcuhain

We are using the Ground EFX MC1 Cyclone. We are hitting a the local playgrounds at the parks. They use mulch so there is no real digging to be done. He (5yo) likes to swing it for a little bit and then it gets too heavy.... Then he hits the playground. He knows the sound of a solid hit and comes running over. So far we have cleaned up a lot of scrap metal from the mulch, found a Hasbro NFL coin, a costume jewelry earring, a Barrett with a bear on it, a silver Mother Teresa pendant and about $4.00 in change. Tonight he asked me when we are going out again... I get some exercise and he gets to burn off energy. The wife comes out sometimes too.... We are all having lots of fun....

I can understand how it would get heavy for him, since it only has a pistol grip. Maybe you could fabricate some sort of extension and create a forearm brace to counterbalance the detector? Great to read that y'all are enjoying the hobby together! So, when are you going to take the plunge and get a second detector for yourself? Sorry, but I'd have to chuckle if I saw you swinging one of these.....HH!

Attachments

• 61wLy+Y0yWL__SL1500_.jpg
    61wLy+Y0yWL__SL1500_.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 304
I am short so it isn't too bad. 😁😂🤣 I am not looking into spending too much time for my first one. I am thinking the Garrett ACE 250 or 300 to start. Kiddo wants me to get my own. I will wait for my next VA check... But if I wait an extra month I might get the AT Pro.... decisions decisions

And the ACE 400 got ordered....😁. We will be out searching 2 parks this Sunday, weather permitting....

About to head out with the wife and kiddo and hit two playgrounds at some local parks. I am going to take my Ace 400 out for the first time. I brought some change to test my settings and seed $$ in case the kiddo doesn't find anything.

Last edited:
He helped a bit and played a lot more. Found four pennies (one pre 1982), six Nerf darts and 2 plastic beads and some metal trash. It is taking a bit to get used to the ACE 400 but I like it!

And last night after work I hit the local elementary.... Found $2.62 of which one was a Presidential Dollar. Still had half the playground to hit. I am liking this ACE 400.

And last night after work I hit the local elementary.... Found $2.62 of which one was a Presidential Dollar. Still had half the playground to hit. I am liking this ACE 400.

Oh no sir.. you have only hit 1/4th of that field.. once you do the other half turn 90 degrees and then hit it from the other direction.. good luck !!

I will hit that playground again tomorrow morning. :)
I stopped by one that gave up good coins when the kiddo was using his detector. I found another $0.62 and my first Wheat Penny. :) That will go in the jar of all my wheaties I have found in spare change. :)

I think cleaned out that playground today. Found another $1.35. I will go back after school ends for the summer. Let it get refilled. Going to hit a new park later this week. :)
Found $1.35, a key, a broken lock, and a lot of trash (thrown away of course). Good day and I got my steps in for the day. :)

First time detecting in forever and hit a small park around the corner for a quick run... 4d and 1p.... Only took 20m...

It's nice that you take your son out with and also that your wife tags along. It's also nice that you're having fun which is the important thing. I have an Ace 400 as a backup to my AT Pro and like it a lot. I'm sure you'll like it and that it will find some of the good stuff for you...…..Good luck with your hunts.

Always nice to have the kids involved...my son (13) has fun, but gets bored easily if he doesn't find any goodies.

Back
Top Bottom