Equinox 800 purchasers. (Pairing info)

tnsharpshooter

Supporter
Forum Supporter
A friendly reminder. I don’t think the user’s manual addresses this.
Pairing your Equinox.
You will receive blue tooth headphones and a headphone module.
The module is wi-stream not Bluetooth.

When you are trying to pair your module or headphones.
Don’t have both turned on at the same time.
If you do have both on, a high chance you will get no audio out of your Bluetooth headphones or whatever headphones you have connected to your module.

You will show paired though as far as screen icon.
This also applies to EqX 600 owners if they have headphone module they purchased.

This problem has been experienced by some folks already btw.

Cheers.

Got a question for you sir, I now have a 800, but I didn't get any head phones with it. Can I use just about any pair of blue tooth with the nox? I haven't purchased any phones yet due to the weather.

Thanks

HDD

Got a question for you sir, I now have a 800, but I didn't get any head phones with it. Can I use just about any pair of blue tooth with the nox? I haven't purchased any phones yet due to the weather.

Thanks

HDD

You should be able to use any blue tooth.
One note though.
Latency can be different between models used. This is the lag that occurs as far as reported audio. Low latency (LL) are best choice imo.
The wireless headphones supplied by Minelab with 800 models are LL.

There is a thread here where folks have indeed experience with different model headphones . Maybe more than one. I’ll try to findand link here. It is in different subforum I think.

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=269843

Did you get a wi steam module with your 800 unit.
If so about any Sony Walkman type headphones will plug into module and work.
I should point out. Just because a jack and headphone still work with module doesn’t mean they will work if you try to plug directly into detector and use.

The actual control head on EQX needs plug to work as far as headphones go to shut off external speaker. I have used a mono plug and many others have too.

Here it is pic of module with Sony Walkman style headphones connected. In the rain put module in plastic bag or something waterproof and let cord hang out and use them. Can be used in hotter weather too, cooler since headphones are smaller. And in areas maybe where you need to be more alert to your surroundings. Like rattlesnakes, criminals , etc
And are a backup of your wireless headlines dies or battery goes dead. Module is not waterproof.

24zdoug.jpg

Last edited:
Did you get a wi steam module with your 800 unit.?.....

I just noticed this part of your post.....yes...I did get one with it. So if I understand you correctly, this can be "linked" to the control head just like Bluetooth....I'll have to find this little bugger and get familiar with it.

Thanks again.

HDD

You must’ve bought used, hopefully you got a decent price without the module and headphones...

I bought the 600 and definitely vouch for the soundpeats posted above.

Nox 600
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring and 1876 love token

Did you get a wi steam module with your 800 unit.?.....

I just noticed this part of your post.....yes...I did get one with it. So if I understand you correctly, this can be "linked" to the control head just like Bluetooth....I'll have to find this little bugger and get familiar with it.

Thanks again.

HDD

Yes module will pair with detector.
You’ll notice 2 diiferent icons in top right when detector is searching. One for blue tooth and one for wi- stream.

It charged up using same connection as detector itself.

I love the little module. Handy.

I’ll post link to EQx instruction manual here.
https://www.minelab.com/__files/f/326548/4901-0249-4 Inst. Manual, EQUINOX 600 800 EN_WEB.pdf

See pg 55 for info on module Wm-08.

Although I don't have a problem with my pairing as such, however, this was a good informative post to read. Thanks tss.

Thank you.

You see I realize not all bought Eqx right off. Some waited hence good idea to post some more info to help folks.

There are some previous posted threads on this forum about Equinox. Folks may have to peruse back some time wise or do some forum searches.

Back
Top Bottom