December half tally

My opinion is that the majority of the boxes containing the bits of silver aren’t recent deposits. Sure, there might be cashing in of a hoard or a theft here or there, but not enough to amount to anything. I just don’t think it happens as often as folks think. I believe that the good boxes might just be lower on the pallet. First in, first out insures that the armored service delivers newer boxes that have been recently re-rolled.

I agree there might be good stuff at the "bottom of the pallet" if we ever get there -- depends how long it's been stuck there. What you described, and I agree how it probably works, is really last in first out, not first in first out. If it was FIFO there wouldn't be a stagnant bottom of the pallet.

When I find newish NIFCs (201x) mixed in with my good silver boxes I know they haven't been sitting for decades...

My $0.50 worth lol.

HH

I agree there might be good stuff at the "bottom of the pallet" if we ever get there -- depends how long it's been stuck there. What you described, and I agree how it probably works, is really last in first out, not first in first out. If it was FIFO there wouldn't be a stagnant bottom of the pallet.

When I find newish NIFCs (201x) mixed in with my good silver boxes I know they haven't been sitting for decades...

My $0.50 worth lol.

HH
TM you are correct.

Back
Top Bottom