• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Garrett Ace 350 Settings Advice

tripperman79

Hello fellow treasure hunters,

I have spent the last two months detecting with an old White's Discrimnator II, and just bought the Ace 350. I know it comes with built in modes, but does anyone have advice for settings that have been successful for them? I mainly want to coin shoot for silver/old coins, but I don't want to miss out on gold rings either.

So, best settings for gold?
best settings for coins/silver?

Should I just go all metals (zero) and dig everything? The last time I went all metals I found .27 cents and about 5 pounds of worthless trash. So I am a little iffy about all metals mode.

Thanks!

I used my 350 exclusively in allmetal with sens as high as possible. Then I dug things according to my location. I dug everything over iron at cellar holes. I dug only the highest pitches at trashy parks. I dug more than I should have.
The high pitch with the reverb added is Garrett's good target sound...which is pretty accurate. I had to learn to trust it. I was over thinking it, trying to make good targets out of bad ones. Bottle caps sound great on the 350, even when you lift the coil listening for a degradation of sound. I put about 150 hours on it ...so maybe I would have gotten better had I put more time in. Good luck with it.

I use custom mode and disc out everything below the 5 cent icon and hunt from the 5 cent icon on up to the $1 icon. I know I'm probably missing small gold but it does cut down on the amount of trash dug. I hunted in all metal mode for about 10 hours before I switched to the custom mode. Just enough time to get used to the sounds and settings.

Thanks Andy - I'm thinking I might do the same thing. It will be a pain to dig up a bunch of trash in the first 10 hours, but then I will switch to custom nickels and up. Have you found any gold rings in your custom mode?

Thanks Andy - I'm thinking I might do the same thing. It will be a pain to dig up a bunch of trash in the first 10 hours, but then I will switch to custom nickels and up. Have you found any gold rings in your custom mode?

Unfortunately not yet..... But I did notice it is pretty accurate with the pulltab. I've had the Ace for about 3 months now so I'm still hoping for the gold. Any other questions just ask..... That is what we are here for!

I'd hunt in all metal mode and nothing notched out. Just because it rings doesn't mean you have to dig, but it will give you the greatest depth and you'll know when iron or trash is masking good targets.

Thanks scout - i am going to put in some hours in all metal, just to get to know my new detector. I was just getting good with my White's Discriminator II and I talked myself into upgrading. It's like having to learn a whole new language.

Gold: 0
Silver: 1
Big Copper: 2
Wheaties: 0
Trash Removed: 6 pounds and counting!

hello, just some tips for the ace 350 if you're having a depth problem raise the coil off the ground the signal will ring far above the ground a coin shouldn't go further than 3 inches. As far as discrimination i use everything 5c and over with the 350 picks up very small gold and big i also find alot of old relics and buttons under pull tabs as well. Coins mode is bad because it notches out deeper Indian heads which will ring above pull tabs and deeper nickles above and below 5c. Bottle caps suck on this machine unless you buy a small coil. You will almost never find a good coin deeper than 6in with this machine unless it is quarter or bigger. Sensitivity is best with 6 notches, as i go over spots i hit before i raise sensitivity by one bar until full over the spot this usually helps bring out more signals just like the rain will(but it will throw off the pinpoint 2).I have been using this machine for almost 2 years and have found more than i can even remember i use it mostly around burned down buildings and old boom towns works great for me but you will realize that the dd search coil will make you dig alot of trash that will ring up as coins just remember dig the high tones 1st then if its a good spot and its consistent go back and dig the lower tones that are iffy you will find more coins and maybe something better.Just some tips for 350 sorry for the bad punctuation. HH

fell like that needed to be updated almost 2 years ago when i bought my 350 lol

Back
Top Bottom