Sterling Pendant

Bmph2c33

Hey guys I got out for a hunt today after getting pounded by rain! I found some clad not much. I was only out for 2 hours at a park nearby and pulled these 2 Pendants out of the same hole! They both must of been on the same neckless first for me! The big one is 10 grams! The small one don't say sterling on it but says Italy really small on the side. Any ideas how to clean them up real nice? I can't wait to get out for a long one this weekend! Happy hunting!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 135
The sterling one has some great looking toning although it could be just the lighting. I personally wouldn't mess with it as it looks good to me. The small one looks like it could be silver although maybe it was just plated. Look carefully around the ring loop for a marking. Great finds!

If you want to clean you can use a silver polish or there is a dip (tarn-x) that you simply dip the item in, let sit for a couple of minutes and then rinse with water. Not sure how hard to find that stuff is ..... don't use it myself.
There should be a chain in that hole .... tiny silver one .... unless it broke and both medals fell off at the same exact time!!

If you want to clean you can use a silver polish or there is a dip (tarn-x) that you simply dip the item in, let sit for a couple of minutes and then rinse with water. Not sure how hard to find that stuff is ..... don't use it myself.
There should be a chain in that hole .... tiny silver one .... unless it broke and both medals fell off at the same exact time!!

I'll have to look that up and yeah I didn't find a chain unless it's near by and couldn't pick it up I used my bounty hunter today since I forgot to grab the batters when I left for my ace 250 haha forgot it was dead! I'll go back there with the ace and maybe I'll pick it up! Thanks for the info

The sterling one has some great looking toning although it could be just the lighting. I personally wouldn't mess with it as it looks good to me. The small one looks like it could be silver although maybe it was just plated. Look carefully around the ring loop for a marking. Great finds!

Macaroni, I was thinking the same thing! Absolutely beautiful.

I wouldn't try and clean it. That toning took MANY years to form and it will only take 2 seconds to remove and I personally think it is AMAZING. People pay good money for silver coins that are toned like thay. GOOD MONEY...

great finds though. I've never found 2 in one hole. I bet that got you going. Also, the small one looks like it could be silver, but was possibly plated with something else? The loupe itself may have a maker's mark. If it is stamped Italy, I would say you are half way their.

Macaroni, I was thinking the same thing! Absolutely beautiful.

I wouldn't try and clean it. That toning took MANY years to form and it will only take 2 seconds to remove and I personally think it is AMAZING. People pay good money for silver coins that are toned like thay. GOOD MONEY...

great finds though. I've never found 2 in one hole. I bet that got you going. Also, the small one looks like it could be silver, but was possibly plated with something else? The loupe itself may have a maker's mark. If it is stamped Italy, I would say you are half way their.

Yes I'm going to let them be and not clean them and yes I checked it and all I can see is the Italy on the little one here's a better pic of the Italy stamp

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 69
Ah, not the kind of Italy stamp I was thinking. I do believe that is a junker (so to speak). Looks like amaybe brass?

Nice finds either way. I finally found my first sterling one after 3 years being on the hunt this season.

Back
Top Bottom