A couple of quick hunts nets 4th silver ring and sobriety token

DillonSquared

Last Fri, Sat and Sun, I did a few quick 30-45 min hunts at my honey hole while the wife did her laps around the track. Pulled my 4th silver ring (3rd from this place) :D, solid brass buckle, couple of keys, pull tabs, broken glasses, and the clad.

001_zps5ceb080b.jpg

002_zps40ddf202.jpg

Tuesday, Diggum drags me out for a night hunt. We hit some curb strips in the midtown section of downtown Sacramento. Pulled this 1-year sobriety token (not happy with the scuffs I put in it). He gets me home at 10:30 and I have to be up at 5 (still trying to recoup from that one). :no: It was fun though and I'd do it all over again :yes:

003_zpsea92e89e.jpg

004_zps4c787e82.jpg

005_zpsdff47612.jpg

Yesterday evening, wife and I go back to the honey hole for another quick hunt. Kids are practicing, so forced to work the park area. Not much, but thought I’d toss it up here since I'm going over the week…small amount of clad and a 1997 Mexican 20 Centavos.

006_zpsc06bd79a.jpg

Great hunts! Sorry about dragging you out, but here was so much potential in that spot you found for us. Too bad it didn't work out. Curb strips were something new, and I can't wait to do some more. :yes:

I'm pretty sure I can fix that ring, too... ;)

Congrats on the silver.

Thanks!!

Nice digs, congrats on the silver and the other finds!

Thanks!!

Awesome on the sterling, congrats! Curb strips would be fun, yet to touch any of those.

This was the first time I hit any curb strips myself. When I was digging the token, I heard this lady say, "What the hell you doing?"
I looked up and see this woman looking at me from her yard. I tell her, "I'm looking for stuff". She then says, "with a metal detector?" I say, "yup". Then she says, "cool." and walks away. :laughing:

I must admit it felt "weird" detecting the curb strips at night with people walking the streets looking at me. I'm sure a few more outings and the "weirdness" will fade off and I'll be like Diggum and won't give a darn. :lol:

This was the first time I hit any curb strips myself. When I was digging the token, I heard this lady say, "What the hell you doing?"
I looked up and see this woman looking at me from her yard. I tell her, "I'm looking for stuff". She then says, "with a metal detector?" I say, "yup". Then she says, "cool." and walks away. :laughing:

I must admit it felt "weird" detecting the curb strips at night with people walking the streets looking at me. I'm sure a few more outings and the "weirdness" will fade off and I'll be like Diggum and won't give a darn. :lol:

Hahaha that ended better than is started with that lady! Okay, I admit, I'm a bit nervous to hit up curb strips, especially at night in downtown.

My work just moved to Folsom, and I'm nervous about starting detecting there even for some reason. I will overcome!

Hahaha that ended better than is started with that lady! Okay, I admit, I'm a bit nervous to hit up curb strips, especially at night in downtown.

My work just moved to Folsom, and I'm nervous about starting detecting there even for some reason. I will overcome!

I haven't gotten the nerve to do them either!! I've lived in the same area for almost 30 years....can just imagine people will think I've finally lost it if they see me on my knees digging by the streets :laughing::laughing:
Need to travel to an area where I know no one!!!

Those old residential areas in Folsom could be your gold mine!!!

Sandy

Nice ring . I'm assuming you found it with the F2. What number(s) were on the display?

Thanks!! I don't remember the numbers, but do remember that it rang up in the zinc range. I almost didn't dig it, but since it was my last dig for the morning I figured what the heck. Glad I did. I remember my first silver ring I found in a tot lot also rang up in the zinc range.

Congrats on your silver ring

Back
Top Bottom