Henry v1 Groat

terry

Hi I went out for six hours today, it was a pretty good day not many coins but what I found was worth all that bending down,
I found a George III farthing and half penny, a George VI penny and sixpence one muscket ball and a Henry VI Groat (fourpence) Hammered,
the last time I posted on this site was back in june last year,
Terry Cardiff Wales (U.K.)

Attachments

• untitled1.jpg
    untitled1.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 281
Wish we has some nice coins like that in our soil. Congrats on the nice find sure looks clean tho. Btw, did you clean it yourself or did it come out of the ground like that?

hI All it needed was warm water and a bit of rubbing with your fingers, it was my first hammered find in the four years and I am very pleased with myself, anyway hello to you
Terry

:shock: WOW! I really didn't know what a Henry VI Groat was so I googled it. This coin was from the mid 1400's? Man that is in awesome shape to say the least. Well done.

Hi I have got a Minelab Xlplorer 11, the groat was only four / five inches down as was the rest of the coins, the land was ploughed land.
Terry.

wow thats one of the best i've seen ,Terry give yourself a big pat on the back from me . congrats my friend

Back
Top Bottom