Happy Veteran's Day

matmit

Elite Member
Forum Supporter
Happy Veteran's Day America!

I was very fortunate to have retired in 2005 and I can still fit into my uniform:lol:

Add a photo of yourself if you have one.

Attachments

• 11-11-18 uniform.jpg
    11-11-18 uniform.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 164
In memory of all those who have given their lives, and in honor of all those who have sacrificed for our freedom, I offer my heartfelt gratitude now and always. God has blessed America, and may He continue to bless each one of you! Thank you for serving our country. :tiphat:

Happy Veteran's Day America!
Add a photo of yourself if you have one.

Thanks to all my fellow vets !

This was when I was heading back to duty from my parent's house after being on leave after finishing 10 weeks of boot camp, pic is from May 1970
(and no I couldn't fit into my uniform now even if I lost all my extra weight :lol: as I was only 17 years old at that time and still growing some I think :lol:)
Gary_on_leave.jpg

Emblem for the F4 fighter squadron I was attached to in the Navy
VF103.jpg

Thanks to all my fellow vets !

This was when I was heading back to duty from my parent's house after being on leave after finishing 10 weeks of boot camp, pic is from May 1970
(and no I couldn't fit into my uniform now even if I lost all my extra weight :lol: as I was only 17 years old at that time and still growing some I think :lol:)
View attachment 428911

Emblem for the F4 fighter squadron I was attached to in the Navy
View attachment 428912

Thank you for your service Gary!
The F-4 Phantom was my favorite aircraft for a long time.
We had the KC-135 refuelers at my Air Guard base.

Not a chance I can fit in my old uniform and I retired in 2011. Two back surgeries have insured my running days are over lol.

First tour in Iraq...I'm the dude with a face on the right.

To all the vets here at Friendly THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE. To those that are no longer with us.....SALUTE!

Last edited:
I retired from the USN in April 1978 and I no longer fit in my uniform. I did lose some weight a few years back and was able to fit but alas some of the weight has returned.

:okpeople: To those that are serving our country, those that have served for our country, and for those that have given their life for our country, I'm am most greatful for each of you. Thank you so much for your service to our country. :good:

Back
Top Bottom