Silver prices at record high

I have a lot of silver saved up and i beleive that it will still rise upto xmas due to all the demand in electronics prior xmas and the disastor in china this year will also increase the price.
I have no money tied up in my silver only what i have found with the md so will hang on to it till xmas.

I'd agree with KCE -- from what I've been reading the past month or two, silver hasn't peaked (and most likely won't for some months), so I'd hold for a little while yet. Otherwise, this is the first time I started detecting 20 years ago that those worn, non-key silvers we do dig are worth beyond face value -- making metal detecting a geeky hobby ;) that can actually pay off for once **if you do your research to know where to hunt and beat the bushes hard** for silver and gold because it's melt value is really high now. (And no, it's not against the law to melt silver coins. That's a fallacy. It's only against the law to deface coins to try to increase their face value.)

Still, a reminder before you count your $$$ chickens with all those worn-down Mercs and SLQs you might find: Depending on date and type, US coins are not 100% silver (usually 90%) and the refineries you use (NEVER NEVER go to jewelry shops or cash-for-gold joints) may have a very small percentage tacked on (consider it "handling," for lack of a better term). So if you have, say, 8oz of worn-down Merc dimes, you only have 7.2 oz of retrievable silver. Same thing with gold coins and rings.

As much as I like a good park or playlot, I'm spending my spring and summer pounding the dirt for gold and silver. All in all, it's a good time to be a geek.

I am in for the ride

I bought most of my stuff at 18.00 an once . I am Riding this one out. To many variables for it to crash and burn. I think its going to continue to climb. Look at the big companies, they are buying even at record high prices. I would hold on to it.

For What It's Worth

Silver has spiked in price over the last 7 to 9 trading days, thus is it do for a correction.

My guess is a 10% correction, (pull back), in the price of silver. Before heading higher.

Back
Top Bottom