Campground Ransack!

Mud-puppy

Forum Supporter
The MKG Numismatics hit an old campground at a Lake today. The two younger guys went into the water, while the two Old guys commenced to work the woods...The Water Babies came up out of there disappointed, a coupla wheaties and a cool axe head and the usual trash.

The Old bulls were steadily pulling massive quantities of coins up in the woods!! Thats when it got strange! The Waterbabies fell in with us, and even though encumbered by waders and no proper digging implements, they started hunting coins and using their scoops for shovels! :laughing:

STURRAT found a really cool neckerchief slide! "Strengthen the Arm of Liberty" from the 1950's...The likes none of us Weblows have ever seen! So he was happy! Along with clad, Old Bob pulled a 42 Merc and some wheaties! Old Bob said he used to get paid with this denomination for a weeks work back in 1942 when he was 30! So he was happy! ....Jeff got the axe head out of the water and a fist full of clad on the dirt! So He was happy!

I got a neckerchief slide, a compass, a brass tent rope tensioner with my screwdriver and my little garden trowel...and clad of course...109 coins for $16.91...So yeah, after running it through the Coinstar minus the 12%..thats $14.88 I cleared! Enough for a pack of smokes and Four 25oz Beers with about $2 left over for a scratchoff!~ So I'm ecstatic!! :laughing:

Yeah, even in the light snow, a bagged coil was helpful...most coins were shallow, a guy had to hit a ping, kick off the overburden of leaves and then attempt a retrieve...most coins were right on the deck....

The weather was peaceful and gray...One of those days where you cannot tell N from S or what time it is.... It was a wonderfully relaxing hunt with some Numismatic Friends...

Between us four, adding up our ages, over 200yrs of Life!....We had found a Compass, an Axe head, probably $30 clad, and some silver, plus I had a lighter in my pocket, so a guy knows no matter what happens, we had found enough gear and money to survive on this Planet for at least another day! :laughing:

Of course its obvious none of us would starve to death!....Not with Jeff along...I bet he'd dress out around 250lbs! Old Bob can run on fumes, and The Rat is just too big...might need him for collecting firewood...And since I got the lighter, I'm the cook!...:laughing:

Attachments

• nov 11-18-1.jpg
    nov 11-18-1.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 675
  • nov 11-18-2.jpg
    nov 11-18-2.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 661
  • nov 11-18-3.jpg
    nov 11-18-3.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 646
  • nov 11-18.jpg
    nov 11-18.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 662
Mudd, greatouting and funny as #$&@ as usual! You really need to write a book!

Its strange what goes through a guys head when out on a group hunt?...I'm sure every one of us has entertained these thoughts right? Especially after missing Lunch?...Compared to my options, out of the three, Jeff looks pretty gosh darn succulent!:laughing: He's lucky I was within 15 miles of a Coinstar and a Mcdonalds, plus, I had an apple waiting in the car! :laughing:

"Old Bob said he used to get paid with this denomination for a weeks work back in 1942 when he was 30!"

Hah! so he's 106 now??? Might fit and fine looking for a detecting gent of that age! Great story for sure and neat pics! I admire that you are a "low maintenance" kind of guy Mud... a couple of big cold brewskis, some Mickey D's, a pack of heaters and you are good to go!

See some pride and smiles in the pictures John and so I know you all had to enjoy the adventure. You keep this Spartan type of hunting up and we will have to call you the Wolverine Gang. Think about the stories you could tell your grand children to scare them away. :yes: Anyway, Congrats on a very fine outing that provided all the needs to get to the next chapter. Trapper

John, Great group hunt with some nice finds. I have to say I love how you reinvest your clad finds. Just a suggestion to you, I notice your over the ear headphones. You should give some earbuds a try. They are a lot lighter and most times I dont even realize their in. I have a pair of SOUNDPEATS that were like $35 I think. They work flawless with no lag or any nonsense. Keep at it man. Love your posts....HH !

You guys can keep that white looking stuff. I heard it is cold when you see that.

I enjoy wearing shorts and flip flops year round for all that craziness.

Great finds, never have seen that slide...cool finds and moooolah

Back
Top Bottom