I Finally Got In The Mood Again

beephead

Elite Member
I haven't been detecting much lately because I just couldn't get in the mood or had something else that I had to do. Since I last posted my Barber Quarter find, I've only been several times. Two of those times I found a bunch of wheat pennies, several buffalo nickels, a V nickel, some tokens and a bunch of clad coins.

As I headed out today I had high hopes of finding some more old nickels and maybe another Barber Quarter. When I arrived at the site, after a long drive, I looked down at my feet and saw that I was still wearing my house shoes. Lucky for me the ground wasn't muddy or wet!

Anyhow, I did manage to find a few wheat pennies, a couple of tokens, a buffalo nickel, a bunch of clad coins and a Standing Liberty Quarter. It's my 5th SLQ for the year. I've been lucky, those don't pop out of the ground too often.

With the cooler weather finally getting here, I plan on getting back to doing some serious detecting. I just don't like detecting when it's hot and having to dig in the hard dry ground.

beephead

Attachments

• IMG_2392.jpg
    IMG_2392.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 463
  • IMG_2393.jpg
    IMG_2393.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 438
  • IMG_2395.jpg
    IMG_2395.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 419
:laughing::laughing: OH MAN! How Great is this! Brother Beephead finds an early Stander in his bathrobe and house slippers! Glad to see you back out hunting! I remember stopping and hunting a totter in a 3 piece suit once...on my way to a funeral...I figured since I was in the area...:laughing:

Nice SLQ and good to see you getting out. Getting the time is tough at times. Question, what are "house shoes"??

I have never worn shoes in my house, socks only and that includes guests..

Congrats Beep on finding the initiative to get back out. The Stander is a very fine reward for your efforts. Perhaps this will instill a little more gusto in your detecting step. Trapper

Thanks, Everyone! I was going to go back out detecting today, but it was raining early this morning so I decided hangout around the house today instead. I'm going to definitely put me a backup pair of detecting shoes in my new SUV.

To keep things interesting I'm going back over sites that I've detected before to see if I can unmask some new finds using different detectors and search coils. The Deeptech Smart Plus with the Super Six search coil attached will amaze you in how well it finds masked coins in supposedly searched out sites. Coins just kept popping out of the ground from a small front yard that I've detected numerous times before with several different detectors. The Deeptech Smart Plus had me scratching my head. lol

beephead

You’re making me wanna get back out . Just too much rain when I’m off . I get rain every time I’m off of work . And other stuff to do in between the rain .Anyway , nice recovery. Congrats. That’s a nice coin.

Back
Top Bottom