YAY, we're back online!

The weather here has been nice and occasionally windy which helps keep the temps down. We went through our first severe thunderstorm a couple of days ago and it was mind boggling. I have never experienced anything like that.

I know what ya mean Carol, when I moved down south from CT and went through the daily set your watch summer lightning storms, I was running for cover I thought it was the end of the world!:lol:

Well, we're not quite settled in yet. We've been working on the computer room, repainting, fixing windows, building a wall desk and shelves.

The weather here has been nice and occasionally windy which helps keep the temps down. We went through our first severe thunderstorm a couple of days ago and it was mind boggling. I have never experienced anything like that.

Funny Rudy. Another thing, our GEICO insurance dropped from $1,500 a year in CT to $186. a year! :shock:

We noticed the trees in the backyard have berries. I looked online and they turn out to be Mulberry trees. Pretty tasty.

All kidding aside Carol, You and Vlad should make sure the house has lightning rods and the grounding is in good shape. While you are at it, you may want to also look into protecting your computer gear and other electronics from getting fried if a lightning bolt hits the utility pole.

Welcome back guys !!!!!! I'm glad it all went well. What are you gonna do with your water machines ???????? I'm getting frustrated waiting for my housing for the 2nd Explorer and am looking for a solution to tide me over.

Welcome back Carol & Vlad! Good to see everything has gone smoothly so far! Good luck in getting everything put together, and I hope you make some nice finds when you finally get time to detect the yard!!

Hi all!!! Yep, we've been busy! I didn't know it was such hard work turning a house into a home. We go to bed exhausted every night, but things seem to be settling down a bit finally. At least I'm able to spend some time online! :D

We brought all our detectors with us. What we will do with the water detectors, I just don't know yet. We haven't had much time to even get familiar with where we are located yet. I don't think it has sunk in yet that we're living so far from the coastline.

Didn't know you were gone, everything was up and running like always. Glad you made it safe, and enjoy the new digs! Rick

That is a great link thanks. But I believe what he says that, "Mulberries by themselves make a poor wine. Raisins or grape juice is required to give the wine body."

Because I tried making some Mulberry juice just for drinking and it was not good, and my lips turned blue. :p

That is a great link thanks. But I believe what he says that, "Mulberries by themselves make a poor wine. Raisins or grape juice is required to give the wine body."

Because I tried making some Mulberry juice just for drinking and it was not good, and my lips turned blue. :p

The best thing about mulberry trees is that they attract some very cool birds; the worst thing is that they spring up like weeds and are hard to kill, even if you cut them down to the roots. I've got a couple in my yard, but this Spring it got down to 16 degrees at the end of April and killed all the blossoms, so there are no berries.

Back
Top Bottom