hammerd...

(Heavy)

Elite Member
Snapped a picture in hopes that someone here would recognize this coin.

Found at my dad's house going through some stuff, he dosen't have a clue and I don't either :roll:

Any help would be nice, where did it come from, whats it worth, etc. It was in a peice of plastic that gave a 1601 date but I don't see that on the coin itself. I don't see much of nothing but the roman numeral II

coinfront.jpg

coinback.jpg

thanks

My first guess is King James, but that looks like an english coat of arms, and not the scottish one, and James wasn't proclaimed King of England until 1603. However, that looks like a thistle above the coat of arms, so maybe this is an issue of James while King of Scots. You would probably get better results posting this in the unidentified forum.

-- Tom

My first guess is King James, but that looks like an english coat of arms, and not the scottish one, and James wasn't proclaimed King of England until 1603. However, that looks like a thistle above the coat of arms, so maybe this is an issue of James while King of Scots. You would probably get better results posting this in the unidentified forum.

-- Tom

thanks Tom... I will move the request for help

Back
Top Bottom