Tried The TRX

Why do you need to sense 4 inches deep with a pinpointer??

How about becoming proficient pinpointing with your detector, and if needed take the 2 seconds it takes to scoop out the dirt for the ProPointer to locate your target?

Well for ONE being able to sense down to 4" makes it so you dig a MUCH smaller hole in the ground. VERY important to some land owners. 2) GPP wont even sense anything down past 2".
Im good with my machine zeroing in on the target. No issues there. Same for 95% of the users here.

Ok, You dig a hole say 4" across and 6" deep. There are three dimes in there. One on each of three sides. The GPP is going to be hard to tell if they are high or low on the sides. The TRX you can "ratchet down" the sensitivity with a simple press of the button. Now, you CAN do that with the GPP but you have to completely turn it OFF and back ON right next to the metal object. TRX is simple push of the button then you have sensing range of whatever the distance was when you pressed the button. If you have a quarter thats 4" down and 1" off to one side. You get down in the area, press the button and say you're 2" away. now it wont chirp unless its within that 2" . Get inside THAT 2" to say 1" and tap the button again. Now if there are multiple coins you can hit each one individually and precisely. Sounds like a lot of fussing around but once you have used it, it's second nature.

I will NEVER knock on the GPP, Its a great pointer. Just that the TRX has out done it for now. Im sure Garrett is reading all this about the TRX on this forum and other forums and is or has something in the works to make a newer GPP that works just as deep or deeper than the TRX. TRX is the best one right NOW on the market. Its day will end too just like they all do. Get one, Try one, or stop discrediting something you know nothing about. Happy hunting.:grin::grin::grin:

Well for ONE being able to sense down to 4" makes it so you dig a MUCH smaller hole in the ground. VERY important to some land owners. 2) GPP wont even sense anything down past 2".
Im good with my machine zeroing in on the target. No issues there. Same for 95% of the users here.

Ok, You dig a hole say 4" across and 6" deep. There are three dimes in there. One on each of three sides. The GPP is going to be hard to tell if they are high or low on the sides. The TRX you can "ratchet down" the sensitivity with a simple press of the button. Now, you CAN do that with the GPP but you have to completely turn it OFF and back ON right next to the metal object. TRX is simple push of the button then you have sensing range of whatever the distance was when you pressed the button. If you have a quarter thats 4" down and 1" off to one side. You get down in the area, press the button and say you're 2" away. now it wont chirp unless its within that 2" . Get inside THAT 2" to say 1" and tap the button again. Now if there are multiple coins you can hit each one individually and precisely. Sounds like a lot of fussing around but once you have used it, it's second nature.

I will NEVER knock on the GPP, Its a great pointer. Just that the TRX has out done it for now. Im sure Garrett is reading all this about the TRX on this forum and other forums and is or has something in the works to make a newer GPP that works just as deep or deeper than the TRX. TRX is the best one right NOW on the market. Its day will end too just like they all do. Get one, Try one, or stop discrediting something you know nothing about. Happy hunting.:grin::grin::grin:

Mine's coming Thursday. Question though about the ratchet feature as you described it. Does the sensitivity setting revert back to it's default of when turned on for the next hole, or does it stay desensitized from the ratchet in the last hole?

sensitivity level is saved when powered off. So when you power on it's at non-racheted sensitivity level last used. default is 3. Rachet is a live feature during continous on cycle. detune/rachet down and then can rachet back to turn on level with a tap in the air.

I think if there is any problems with the new whites trx pin pointer, within a year it will be straighten out. With that said . My 2 year warranty will cover all problems. I will never knock the gpp , but will say the trx is the best so far with depth on a handheld pin pointer. And I like the add-ons on the trx. My trx is my back up to all my sunray probes. I get more depth with my sunray probe and the ability to disc out targets is the cats A$$. Use what works for you. Don't knock something if you never tried it. Read manual a few times then again , only takes a minute. :goodluck: on what ever you use. :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom