Lesche maintenance

I'm beginning to think the ones having problems with their "Lesche" rusting may not have a real Lesche. I was talking with a guy in our club and he mentioned there are other companies making Lesche knock-offs. He didn't say anything about rusting, but he said you could tell because the blades were weaker. Can someone post a picture of their rusty Lesche? I'm just finding this hard to believe because my Lesche is 18 months old now and has been terribly neglected yet it has never rusted. When I do take the time to wipe all the mud off its as shiny as day 1. I went hunting with 2 guys recently who also had Lesche and theirs was also rust-less.

Cast iron "seasons" because the oils fill the tiny pores in the metal creating a slick surface. BTW, ya can't beat a campfire breakfast from cast iron before a hunt! As for your digger, once it's used a bit so the blade isn't showroom anymore, heat it up (oven, grill, torch...watch the handle) and rub transmission fluid, slick 50, etc on the blade while hot. The heat will help "suck it in". I do this on my mower decks just from sitting in the sun to heat up, and it really keeps the grass from sticking.

There is a product called FLUID FILM that is designed for this purpose but this way is much cheaper.

that is very interesting; must try!

It sounds like a bogus knockoff tool to me.

I normally come in from a hunt And do the following:

Trudge through the front of the house to the bathroom.
Pull off my muddy boots and.
Pitch them into the empty bath tub.
Take out my digger and scrub off the mud in the bathroom sink.
And for fun I dry it off on the "do not use" decorative towels.
Wash my hands with her "pretty soap" from the bowl on the vanity.
Returning the mud stained pretty soap to the crystal bowl filled with assorted bars of "do not use" pretty soap.
Again, stopping to use the decorative towels because there are no others!
Step up and take a messy leak without lifting the seat.
Rinse off my hands - because I'm not a total savage.
Walk back down the hall and into the kitchen.
Pour a cup of coffee and head for the living room.
Plop down on the couch and raise the foot rest.
Turn on the TV and cancel any chick flicks set to record on the DVR.
Let the dog come over, pull off my sweaty socks, and lick my toes.
And then enjoy with my coffee while I reflect on my finds.

My wife often says my feet are salty and the dog likes it, but I think he just likes toe jam! It is right about that time when I hear the scream from the bathroom and hear her charging back down the hall spitting fire! :mad: I reach down to my hip and slide the digger out of the holster and begin to pick my teeth with it as she steps between me and the television. I then look up in simulated surprise, smile with a crazed grin on my face and say, oh so this is where we get to discuss the shed I want out back, or is it about my need to get *My* garage back which is currently packed full of your junk that never sees the light of day honey? I then start spinning the shiny and sharp digger between my hands and she normally mutters in frustration and quietly walks away....... I figure I'll have the garage back with a standing sink by the washing machine by early fall this year! :laughing:

It's not about being difficult, its about equity. She owns every room in our house, all I want is my damn garage back......

I've had mine for five years and I do nothing to clean it after a hunt. I don't use the sheath, so it is often put away with mud caked on it. I have never seen any rust on it, in fact, the blade is so shiny that I carry it wrapped in my drop cloth so people don't think I'm carrying a knife.

I am a new MDer but I have not had any problems with rust on my Lesche in over three months of use. I really do not clean it other than trying to wipe it off if it muddy, but still leave some mud somewhere on the blade. I occasionally scrape off the dried mud if I think that it is hindering my digging, but no rust at all.

It sounds like a bogus knockoff tool to me.

I normally come in from a hunt And do the following:

Trudge through the front of the house to the bathroom.
Pull off my muddy boots and.
Pitch them into the empty bath tub.
Take out my digger and scrub off the mud in the bathroom sink.
And for fun I dry it off on the "do not use" decorative towels.
Wash my hands with her "pretty soap" from the bowl on the vanity.
Returning the mud stained pretty soap to the crystal bowl filled with assorted bars of "do not use" pretty soap.
Again, stopping to use the decorative towels because there are no others!
Step up and take a messy leak without lifting the seat.
Rinse off my hands - because I'm not a total savage.
Walk back down the hall and into the kitchen.
Pour a cup of coffee and head for the living room.
Plop down on the couch and raise the foot rest.
Turn on the TV and cancel any chick flicks set to record on the DVR.
Let the dog come over, pull off my sweaty socks, and lick my toes.
And then enjoy with my coffee while I reflect on my finds.

My wife often says my feet are salty and the dog likes it, but I think he just likes toe jam! It is right about that time when I hear the scream from the bathroom and hear her charging back down the hall spitting fire! :mad: I reach down to my hip and slide the digger out of the holster and begin to pick my teeth with it as she steps between me and the television. I then look up in simulated surprise, smile with a crazed grin on my face and say, oh so this is where we get to discuss the shed I want out back, or is it about my need to get *My* garage back which is currently packed full of your junk that never sees the light of day honey? I then start spinning the shiny and sharp digger between my hands and she normally mutters in frustration and quietly walks away....... I figure I'll have the garage back with a standing sink by the washing machine by early fall this year! :laughing:

It's not about being difficult, its about equity. She owns every room in our house, all I want is my damn garage back......

hahahahahaha! 'cancel any chick flicks set to record...' omg you are a HERO! :D

I have been developing a lot of rust on my lesches which necessitates having to wire brush them off and put a light coat of oil on them a lot. The problem is, dirt and mud sticks to them. I've tried PAM, it didn't work, thought about using wax but I'm sure it will rub right off. I need to find a good way to "season" them like a cast iron pan so that stuff won't stick to them. Suggestions?

I've tried WD40, pb blaster, the above mentioned stuff. Maybe I should try brake fluid? Soak the blade in brake oil for a couple days to see if it soaks in and then stuff wont stick to it. I hate having to clean it every week or so.

....... have it chromed.......

Anyone with rust tried Reel Magic on it? The spray is used by fisherman to protect the inside of reels from water and corrosion and to also make the line slick and cast smoothly.

PokerShark,

That was a ton of fun to read!! Thanks for the laugh!

Good luck on getting YOUR garage back!!

<*)))>{

Still shiny

Reckon I'll chime in as well.... Mine is around 3 or years old... Black handle from predatortools... Shiny as day one. Even though I live in az... Often hunt watered soil... NNever
Any rust. Hmmmm

Picked mine up from NED when I got my pro pointer and then got another for Christmas, again from NED.

The slip plate will work. I use it on all my shovels,and they don't have a lot of dirt sticking to them. Farmers also use slip plate on grain augers,and it wears like iron,good stuff!

Back
Top Bottom