Pattaya Thailand

upena

Forum Supporter
Pattaya Thailand, known more for its notorious nightlife, was the site of today's hunt. My buddy picked me up on his motorcycle at a little after 5 AM and I hopped on the back holding my detector in one hand and my scoop in the other. About 20 minutes later we made it to North Pattaya and started the hunt.

We hunted primarily in the dry sand and worked our way to Central Pattaya. A long hunt on a nice, cool, overcast day.

It is very quiet - tourist-wise - in Pattaya. Guess that it being "low season', the recent riots in Bangkok, and the economy have slowed down the number of visitors.

The ride back to the guesthouse was a little wilder with more traffic on the roads than when we headed out. But we survived to hunt another day.

Ok, so you held on to your detector in one hand and your scoop in the
other, you didn't hold on to the motorcycle or your friend as the cycle
sped precariously around crowded streets?

Yep, you've become a real Thai. :grin:

Thanks for sharing.

Ok, so you held on to your detector in one hand and your scoop in the
other, you didn't hold on to the motorcycle or your friend as the cycle
sped precariously around crowded streets?

Yep, you've become a real Thai. :grin:

Thanks for sharing.

My wife had a fit when I told her!!! I felt like a knight jousting as we wove through traffic. Anyhow, we made it there and back alive.

Zeemang - thanks - that video was from a hunt back in August

I don't get out as much as I would like, but such is life.

Here is a more recent one - from Hua Hin Thailand

Sirwalle - you are welcome to come to Thailand - all you need is a passport and a plane ticket - and your ATM card! My room at the guesthouse was about a 5-minute walk to the beach and cost $20 per night. The only big expense is the plane ticket.

Back
Top Bottom