Yesterday's real season opener hunt, 3 injuns and relics from old 1850s school!

Pacivilwarluke

Elite Member
Somewhere between the north and the south..
Yesterday I took my father out to a site of an acedemy from the 1850s, which was torn down in 1910. It was his first real hunt! Got permission from the elderly woman who lives there, and she said that many people thought the acedemy was on her property ( her house was 1960s) but no one was sure on the exact location. I told her I wild try to find the spot! Well sure enough in 5 minutes I had a nice high 70s hit. Dug down 6 inches and got a crotal bell dated 1876! I knew I was in the right spot then! Soon thereafter my dad came over to me grinning. He pulled a beautiful green indian head penny out of his pouch. Then I saw the date.... 1863!!! I was so jealous of him! Then I dug a lantern piece dated 1872 and then there was a lull in targets for 30 minutes. But then I got a nice signal at 4 inches and pulled out a 1881 Indian! I was on the board! Next I dug an 1885, and now guess who was jealous:laughing: found a few other interesting things after that, but no more coins! Needless to say I will be back, it was only a 2 hour hunt! Enjoy some pictures!:D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 246
What a way to start a season! Im sure you will find more as you poke around that place.

Very cool. Congrats on the new properties to hunt and the keepers you guys found. You know there has got to be lots more stuff there. Good luck and I know there will be happy hunting going on. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom