gold colored pennie

ssflipo13

Hey all,
I was just going through all my clad ($17.87) and I found a gold colored 1973 penny. I know there was a post on here about this before but I can`t find it. Has any one else seen anything like this before? Are they rare or is it just a mis colored penny?
picture.php

picture.php

sorry about the bad pics but you can get the idea about the color of the pennies. the lower left penny is the gold colored one. Let me know what you think or if you have any info on this.
Thanks
Sam

Cool for a keepsake but not of any value. Some people gold plate coins for kicks, and some were for various promotions. I found a half like that and seen pennies before. Even better if you dug it.:cool:

just for fun at work I gold plated a pennies years ago but this isn`t it. I found this in with my change in my pocket. O well its fun just to have. ok thanks.

copper,,,better than gold

If you really want to have some fun, copper plate a 1943 steel penny. People think you got the big one. Its great when you incase it in lexan and leave it on your desk (or whatever) for others to see. Of course I allways let them think is real and that I found it detecting. lobo

Back
Top Bottom