Question on 2008 w one dollar coin

zeemang

Forum Supporter
I'm sending another batch of goodies to the US for ebay...I've got a question about this coin, it's a 2008 W one dollar coin, but in my guide i see a 2008 w burnished, and a 2008 w with the 2007 back which this does not have..., which do i have here? I've seen something described as an ultra cameo which also looks similar.....I know i know, funny to buy without knowing but i got it for spot price last weekend.... Just wondering which one exactly it is so as to be accurate in my description. Thanks!

Attachments

• DSCF1856.jpg
    DSCF1856.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 248
  • DSCF1859.jpg
    DSCF1859.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 244
You do NOT have the variety with the 2007 back. The way you tell is to look at the 'U' in UNITED STATES. (The U of the 2007 reverse variety does NOT have the little spur on the back of the U that the 2008 has.)

This coin is PROOF--- not the burnished. The burnished coin has a flat luster to it (instead of the mirror-like finish that the proofs have).

Without having it graded you should not call it ultra-cameo. This is a description assigned by coin grading companies. (Please note it is not worth grading since somebody has removed it from the original mint capsule)

I have the holder, i only removed it for the photo, thanks all! Probably going to hit ebay next week, coins flew out today...

Good luck in your eBay sales!

A word of advice on Proof coins is to NEVER take them out of their capsules. Its best for the condition of the coin to leave it in there and do your best photographing through the capsule.

Back
Top Bottom