old "gathering" areas

Max houser

I'm not much for approaching folks and door knocking...instead I prefer places where people once gathered. I take a drive around and spot certain areas where people still get together, I hit historical photos and maps then read any county or city info on "renovations" (bad word for detectorists).
anyhow, just in the past week I have found 2 new very promising spots, one is a 70 year old spot where families have had picnics and still do. I found photos from the 1950's and was a very busy place with many poeple at once. the ground after a quick sweep is loaded with modern clad, and trash.. and I'm sure some jewelery. it's going to be a long slow process to get deep .
the other area is a public access path where 6 100+ yearold houses stood until the 1980's. I know this by once again using historic airiel photos and comparing to google earth. the area is now lightly wooded and I expect filled with iron...again a tuff hunting area, but it's where I like to hunt. trees tend to lift things to the surface as they grow...no matter how young, i will go around each tree.

Like this? :shock:

Attachments

• 91Yvyh8w0BL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    91Yvyh8w0BL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 447
The only spots like that around here would be private property as all that’s left are public parks, even in the rural areas. Good luck on the hunt.

Back
Top Bottom