Rings #41 and #42 both GOLD!

Skippy SH13

Forum Supporter
Killed it today, in a park in the neighboring city. I've been there a few times, but the detecting is WICKED hard, as there's about 4-10 signals every swing, and my 14.5" coil makes it tough to pick out individual items... but it can be done.

I netted about $2 in change, but managed two sweet 14K finds. The first one, small ladies ring, came in at just a whisper of a 53 signal that was "off" just enough from a bottle cap to make me want to dig it. Plus... I was in BARK (and it wasn't nearly as infested as the dirt of the sports fields. Yup. Tot lot gold. Only my 3rd ever. And amazingly... the 2nd from this park.

The ring was a solid 10" down, possibly 12... Which amazed me, since I was only on 3 bars of sensitivity on the rig. I kicked away a solid 4-5 inches of bark, then got a solid signal on it with the coil, but not the pin pointer. I plunged the leshe digger in to the compacted brown soil/bark, and when I flipped it up, the ring ended up on the surface...which is why I don't know whether it was 10" or 12"... Regardless. it was incredible the AT Max caught it. Very happy with the machine, today.

The second, larger men's ring, came after the tot-lot as I was making a Bee line for the truck across the park. I even though, "wouldn't that be funny if I pulled another ring out." and BAM... 58 signal. When I popped up the dirt (only about 2" down), I just laughed.

Sadly... Sadly, while cleaning the ring, one of the diamonds (yep, they're real) decided to escape into the sink never to be found again. Hence the hole in it. Not a big deal, as it'll save me struggle when I pop them all out to sell the gold. :)

These are gold rings #3 and #4 for the year, putting me back on track for just slightly more than an average of 1 a month my whole detecting career (3 years 4 months). These were Gold rings #44 and #45 lifetime.

Looking forward to what #50 brings!

Cheers, everyone... happy hunting!

Skippy

Attachments

• IMG_4699.jpg
    IMG_4699.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 511
Back
Top Bottom