A question about etiquette

That could be for sure, parents doing the treasure hunt thing.

For the amount of fakes over the years I would be very well off if they were real.. :lol:

I was working the local shoreline near me (in the water) when a man walked up and started conversation. A long winded guy from Massachusetts in the area for work/vacation, had to tell me all his detecting war stories ----along with pics on the phone and a gold coin he wore on a chain. Guess he never learned about etiquette very well. I don't mind some conversation, but not when I'm engaged and focused on my "search".

In the short time I've been doing this, I've experienced this type of situation three times. Yesterday afternoon at a waterfront park, a couple arrived and started detecting right next to me. They were friendly enough, but aloof at the same time. A couple other folks also mentioned the people who come up and want to talk while you're detecting. I've had two older people recently ask why I didn't purchase the type of detector that picks up arrowheads. I've learned to collect at playgrounds and parks at sunrise to avoid kids getting in the way and being bothersome.

I dirt hunted about max closeness of 12ft to him and I did speak with him. He had a Vaquero and seemed to be finding things my Atpro couldnt.

We have jerks here that will bury fake pirate coins/pieces of eight.
Why would they do that? Do they sit around then and wait for someone to come along and find it so that they can have a laugh on them? In my neck of the woods they would have to wait a long time for a laugh.

This is the fake coins that we have found.

Attachments

• Fake Coins (1).jpg
    Fake Coins (1).jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 51
Back
Top Bottom