Couple of Silver Rings Save the Hunt.

Compass

Forum Supporter
Went back to the same beach that had the nice cuts last weekend. The cuts were replaced with scallops but low on the slopes I found a fair amount of targets. After several hours of hunting I was still ring-less but during the last half-hour I hit 2 silver rings that had obviously been there a while.
picture.php

picture.php

Rings like this often look bad when cleaned up so I think I'll leave these as is. Kind of a slow start to the year with 1 piece of gold in January- a gold religious medal, but that's just going to make the next gold ring a little bit sweeter! :yes: GL&HH!

Looks like a lot of work. I would clean the rings anyway. I'm sure they would look better.
Nice haul and good hunting.

George....that is one heck of a hunt. With all those targets, gold has to be just around the corner. I also was out on Sunday with only a small silver ring to show.

Last edited:
That hunt had almost everything! Sinkers, keys, fishing lures, bullets - lots of pretty cool & varied stuff.

Some serious digging went on there to get all that stuff. Congrats on the rings. If you wanted to clean them up without taking any of the silver off use the Hot water, Aluminum Foil, Salt and Baking Soda bath. I've had similar finds and it worked wonders on blacken silver like those.

Looks like a lot of work. I would clean the rings anyway. I'm sure they would look better.
Nice haul and good hunting.
Thanks Marco, Yes, lots of work but enough good targets to keep it interesting. :yes:

George....that is one heck of a hunt. With all those targets, gold has to be just around the corner. I also was out on Sunday with only a small silver ring to show.
Thanks Jeff, Sometimes you know when the gold is close- you can almost feel it. :yes: Looks like we might get another chance this weekend with some high surf predicted.

That hunt had almost everything! Sinkers, keys, fishing lures, bullets - lots of pretty cool & varied stuff.
Thanks Felix, If I could have only found some old coins, gold, and platinum, it would have been perfect! :lol:

Some serious digging went on there to get all that stuff. Congrats on the rings. If you wanted to clean them up without taking any of the silver off use the Hot water, Aluminum Foil, Salt and Baking Soda bath. I've had similar finds and it worked wonders on blacken silver like those.
Thank you Numil, The turquoise ring is so thin I'm reluctant to touch it. And I really like the big silver ring as it is but I'll try that method sometime. :yes:

Nice HUGE mix , that hunt did not need 2 rings to be a winner ! HH
Thanks Ricki, I know I'm a bit spoiled but I do love seeing rings rattling around in the bottom of the scoop! :yes:

Looks like finds on one of my fresh water beaches. Nice work saving the silver.
Thanks Scuba, Yes, lots of rusty iron from this particular beach. Not much gold on this beach either but once in a while she'll surprise me. :yes:

Nice finds. Those rings should clean up well with electrolysis.

Cheers,

Skippy
Thanks Skippy, I've cleaned a lot of silver jewelry using electrolysis and it does work pretty well but I think some rings look more interesting as they were found. :yes:

Great Work

Congrats on the silver ring's , and the state of CA. thanks you, for cleaning the hazard's of the beaches, happy hunting Earl

Thats a hunt alright! When you are pulling those little brass swivels and .22 shorts...you aint missing chains...Nice work and appreciated the finds and effort!

George, way to get back on it and score some silver........the last storms were a little different with the winds blowing hard from north and south during the same tide cycle; made for some spotty detecting in some areas.

Jerry

Back
Top Bottom